MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - would really appreciate the advice of anyone who's made it through similar problems.

I've spent a couple of weeks reading through any threads I can find on this issue but haven't made any progress.

- I've read and used the useful thread on getting the door open manually by reaching under the plastic door sill trim.

- I've read that the mechanism can fail - so I've replaced this.

- I've read that the right hand door latch needs to send a message to allow the left hand door to open. I've replaced this latch too, but found that when I did this the door still did open and the alarm goes off when ever I unlocked the car, so I changed this back.

- I read that the handles can fail and the contacts should be cleaned. This seemed like a sealed unit when I removed it so I bought a second hand one - (checked this with a multimeter and the switch seems to be working) but this hasn't made any difference.

SO questions -

1. Can anyone shed any light on why the alarm was triggered by the new latch? Does this require programming by Mini?

2. Any other ideas of what I am missing?

3. The car is 8 years old and my budget is limited - should I take this to a mini garage if cannot resolve myself? How will the costs escalate?

Thanks so much for any help

Thom (Bristol, England)

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Sounds like a solenoid or switch is faulty. If you have changed them then check the wiring harness as these are a weak spot on the Clubmans barn doors.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts