MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently rejected my Clubman s shortly after delivery due to the following faults
1) LEAKS passenger and drivers doors
2) seals have been replaced 3 times
4) alignment of the clubdoor was way off and a space I could fit my hand throuhg had appered
5) warning light that the clubdoor was open kept going off eventhough door was closed

I am shorty going to court oer these matters and would like to hear from anyone else who has or is and what happened??

Has anyone been to an inderpendant expert??

Has anyone had a report from BMW about these faults??

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
^^^^ What he said.
All he said he has rejected it. He then gives some reasons for the rejection.

So what is he asking the court for? Is it compensation for loss of use? Or has the dealer refused to accept the rejection? Or does he want his money back but the dealer is insisting on a replacement vehicle? Or what?

He will be preparing a statement of claim so I am interested in what he is looking for. Without knowing the nature of the dispute it is hard to offer any helpful comment.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just a couple URL's to similar issue threads on NAM::

COOPER :: North American Motoring - 2008 MCS Honey Moon Cut Short >> Water Leak!
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 5 posts or more.
Oh well, one was 30 July (2008 MCS Honey Moon Cut Short >> Water Leak!) and other was 8 August ( Wet Passenger floors) both in Gen 2 ~ Stock Problems/Issues

·
Giggity-goo!
2,670 Posts
What is the nature of the claim that you are pursuing through the Court?
^^^^ What he said.
All he said he has rejected it. He then gives some reasons for the rejection.

So what is he asking the court for? Is it compensation for loss of use? Or has the dealer refused to accept the rejection? Or does he want his money back but the dealer is insisting on a replacement vehicle? Or what?

He will be preparing a statement of claim so I am interested in what he is looking for. Without knowing the nature of the dispute it is hard to offer any helpful comment.
Martin, it is my understanding that when a poster types '^^^ What he/she said', it means they agree with the comment posted directly above their own.

In this case, I believe Paul agrees with your comment in that he would also like to know the nature of the claim in order to give advice - for exactly the reasons you listed after Paul's post. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear about your issues with your new clubman.
I rejected my first Mini after over a year of ownership and 14,000 miles. I went on to the What Car website and on there they have a section
http://www.whatcar.co.uk/advice-special-report.aspx?NA=217156&EL=3141780
which gives advice on how to reject a car, I used this advise and two months later with very little effort I had a new car to my spec for a £1400 difference to change over. So my first 14 months cost me £700 of depreciation!!!
If my car was less than a year old I would of got my money.
I don't think you need to go through the courts, just follow the What Car advice, if you don't get any response then What Car can help you.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts