MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody - have to admit (coming from Canada) I don't know where a lot of these places are - and Streetmap doesnt seem to be v helpful (for instance, came up with about 100 versions of 'Preston') - so would be interested in meeting up with Mini owners from the Leicestershire (and region) area for a few drinks/chat/drive (not necessarily together of course!)

Please PM me if you know of anything in this area going on! (Looking forward to the Bruntingthorpe Jan session organised by Lohen btw!)

·
Now with S power!
23,915 Posts
there is a meet next thursday near leicester. all the details are on the thread. im going so hope to see you there

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't really go to that one because car's currently in Sytner waiting for repairs to be authorised by DirectLine - some eedjit in a Rover 800 smacked it last weekend. Am currently driving a Daewoo Matiz (quite possibly the worst car currently available) thanks to Enterprise (thank f its free - I'd be homicidal if I was having to pay for it!)

Maybe the next one then :)

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
Nick666 said:
Am currently driving a Daewoo Matiz (quite possibly the worst car currently available)...
They gave you a Matiz? I get stuck behind one of them every day on my way to work every day. Like a wardrobe on wheels. Hope the Mini is fixed soon.....

·
Registered
864 Posts
Calling all New Mini owners in Leicestershire!

We have a track day organised for the 22/1/2005, saturday, at Bruntingthorps Proving Ground. For further information please see the thread on this forum in UK & Ireland or see our website at www.lohen.co.uk, in the events section.

We have exclusive use of the trak for New minis only from 10-4 and Go Mini Magazine will be there to document the event.

There are places still available.

[email protected]

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys - have already signed up to the Lohen Bruntingthorpe 'track'-day ... hope to [insert appropriate deity] the car's fully and properly repaired by then. To be honest, not expecting it to come back as it was before without a little tweaking (and complaining no doubt) - when the suspension, steering and posts need replacing, it's not a little job!

Anyway, tried your website M.2, but it kept timing out. Anything wrong? Would be interested to see it.

Regards
NIck

PS - disappointed can't go to this month's Mini meet, presumably there'll be one in January? Will have to show up for that one when the car's back on the road. (Saw it today on my way past, looking all forlorn in it's lovely new white boots and nowhere to go. :( )

PPS - doesn't look like much does it? and yet so much money!

Attachments

·
MINI2 Sponsor
914 Posts
Nick666 said:
Anyway, tried your website M.2, but it kept timing out. Anything wrong? Would be interested to see it.
So it is down...must be NTL messing about.

The meet after December will be 6th January 2005

Graham

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Nick666 said:
PS - disappointed can't go to this month's Mini meet, presumably there'll be one in January? Will have to show up for that one when the car's back on the road. (Saw it today on my way past, looking all forlorn in it's lovely new white boots and nowhere to go. :( )
Just because you've not got your MINI doesn't mean you cant come along - they'll be anotehr guy there too in his Polo. It's a social thing on Thursday so whichever car your in doesn't really matter - it will be a good chance for you to meet folks and say hello. The thread is here is the MINIRaiders site is still not wotking for you .... http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76734

Also have you thought about the Ball in Febraury - it's Northampton so not far - click my sig for details :)

Hope to meet you at one or both events :)

·
Just Lurking.....
1,828 Posts
Nick666 said:
Can't really go to that one because car's currently in Sytner waiting for repairs to be authorised by DirectLine - some eedjit in a Rover 800 smacked it last weekend. Am currently driving a Daewoo Matiz (quite possibly the worst car currently available) thanks to Enterprise (thank f its free - I'd be homicidal if I was having to pay for it!)

Maybe the next one then :)
Just because you haven't got you MINI doesn't mean you can't turn up. Theres a couple of 'other' cars at the moment ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK - well, as long as you promise not to laugh at me having to drive that hunk of (@&*£$)(@£$ then I'm in :)

As for the Ball, well, we'll see. I doubt it somehow but who knows.

See you on Thursday I guess!

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Nick - didn't get to chat properly but I think it was you I said there were no MINI owners to :eek: I thought you'd arrived with Matt so we were larking around and hadn't realised who you were - sorry mate :eek:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No worries :) Was good to see everybody even if I didn't get to meet/talk to all of you.... next time I'll bring the Mini! See you in January. :D

·
Now with S power!
23,915 Posts
SoggyCornFlakes said:
Nick - didn't get to chat properly but I think it was you I said there were no MINI owners to :eek: I thought you'd arrived with Matt so we were larking around and hadn't realised who you were - sorry mate :eek:

Did think you were a bit harsh ;) :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.