Votes: 212 79.7%
  • Female

Votes: 54 20.3%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
of all the new Minis I have seen on the road, the majority so far have been driven by women. I thought it would be interesting to do a nationwide poll to find out what the true ratios were.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the response...keep em coming:D

I bet BMW are having a field day with all these polls.

LMB ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Male or Female?

Errrmmmmmm,

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works LMB but what about an option in your poll for both?!?!?!?!? :confused:

We are married and both own baby Silbee (even though she is registered in my name! ;) ) and we both drive her. There doesn't seem to be a response that we can both vote on? :confused:

Dodgeress xx

·
Fun on 2 & 4 wheels!
185 Posts
As an administrator I can edit surveys if I need to - let me know which side you want me to add 1 to and I'll do that for you...

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers gazzaman28:)

I did think about that dodger, I just assumed that it would be possible for people in that situation to vote twice. Whether it allowed you to or not I did not consider.

Good point...oops!!

LMB;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...so far 26 : 3 Male/Female ratio...

I honestly thought it would be closer than this. Up until now I have mostly seen women drive the new Mini.

I suppose we do have to take into account the fact that the majority of Mini2 members are probably Men. But only Paul or Casey are able answer that one.

Thanks again for the response..please keep em coming:D

LMB;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gazzaman, can you put me in for one of each :D

Technically it's wifeys car but I'll probably be putting on most of the miles

Cheers Griff

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to say, up north there still ain't many Mini's on the road yet:D

I am probably going to wake up one day and they will be everywhere:eek:

LMB;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mini a females car?????

A funny thing happened at work today..during lunch one of the female staff was telling a group of us how lovely her next doors new Mini was, I was sitting there quite smug until all the lads in the room started going on about how it was a ladies car. I just sat there quiet..looks like I am heading for some stick.

I will just have to print off the results of this poll to prove them wrong!!

LMB:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Mini a females car?????

LMB said:
I was sitting there quite smug until all the lads in the room started going on about how it was a ladies car.
It would be interesting to know what the 'Lads' Drive ;)

I'll bet half of them drive Micras. :rolleyes:

The Cooper arrives next friday :D:D:D:D:D:D

Slightly chuffed Griff

·
Registered
53 Posts
We havn't got our MINI yet but when we do please vote one on each side. Cheers.

Just one point about the M/F split though. All of the MINI ones I've seen so far have been driven by women - but all of the Coopers have been driven by men....
(Sorry Dogger - havn't seen it on the road yet!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Poll option suggestion

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[X] I pay for it, she drives it!

(I am getting lynched as I write this...)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Re: Mini a females car?????

:cool: COOPER for BOYS and ONE for the GIRLS, sound right to me. Then again my big sis' will want to drive the Cooper, she's already got my Renault19 16V :mad:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Mini a females car?????

PsychoPhil said:
:cool: COOPER for BOYS and ONE for the GIRLS, sound right to me. Then again my big sis' will want to drive the Cooper, she's already got my Renault19 16V :mad:
So how does that theory sit for ONE owners who are going to have them souped up to a higher BHP than the Coopers then?..;)

I only know of three Coopers in my local area - all are owned and driven by women..:):)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guess the women are pretty fast in your neck of the woods ;)

Might need more than a supped up ONE to catch them :p

Have to be careful with this thread. Don't want to attract any male chauvanists - can we have a spell checker I can't spell:confused: :confused:

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Mini a females car?????

PsychoPhil said:
And Cooper "S" for the MEN! :D :D :D

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
1,048 Posts
After reading SoNya's post about seeing 4 MINI's on the road, I thought it might be interesting to see if the ratio of Male/Female drivers had changed 3 months on.

At 22nd Dec 2001, the ratio was 89.25% Male with 10.75% Female, 93 votes.

·
Registered
130 Posts
male vs. female Mini drivers

I think a more interesting poll would be the ratio of male to female S owners. I am assuming that in the US a lot of Mini Coopers will be owned by females. I hope to be one of the few females with an S so I can kick some you-know-what.

minimott

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone know what the M/F ratio is of members? I certainly don't know many women that have the time or interest in spending hours & days reading automotive forums (unlike most of the guys I know). Our poll may be somewhat skewed.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts