Votes: 212 79.7%
  • Female

Votes: 54 20.3%
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Where's the 'Couple' Button.

We will drive it about evenly. She will drive it to work, I'll drive it the rest of the time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
A tick in each box for the Blade's household MINI. T'is her car on the documents but guess who drives it the most.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I will buy and drive the mini myself. The wife may look at it as much as she wants:D
Naaaaaaaaaah, I took her car (a Ford KA Second Edition) if i felt i wanted to race a little. She is a better driver than me i quess(dont tell any 1).

Catch Ya Later,

Cooper I Do

Still counting!

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
Re: Male or Female?

Dodger said:
Errrmmmmmm,

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works LMB but what about an option in your poll for both?!?!?!?!? :confused:
/B]

Ok, what about an option for transexuals or transvestites then?!:D You never know I may be Mr dietcokeplease, Monday to Fridays and at the weekends I may be Ms. dietcokeplease!;)

And can Basil please detail his "female tendencies!"

Also I think that:

(1) As a basic generalisation, female drivers can be seen more often during the day as they whizz around to the shops, school etc and males cars will be parked up at work or the guys are at work paying for their partners cars!

(2) Males are more likely to be nerdy/anal rententive club/forum/meet types, in need of validation, and therefore there are more of us on the board (as explained by my presence).

[dietcoke is standing up ready to be flamed for his remarks]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stereotyping?!

hmpf!

I work for a living....to pay for my own car....(in IT funnily enough - where the male female ratio is surprisingly even).

However - I do have a One on order (doh!)
;)

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
My opinion is

That women buy and drive the cute cars, and men talk about them in various motorhead forums. So your poll results would show lots more men than women owners.

In the real world, MINIs are probably owned and driven equally by men and women. I think men would be more likely to buy the S, though. Women just don't post about them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Seems like most MINI2 users are male? Am I correct in my
assumption?
However, I would say 50% to 60% of the people that ask me about the MINI are women. Shoppers I've seen in the dealerships are also half women. Alot of these women are looking to buy the car for themselves. They are not tagging
along with the guys.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The poll is a good idea, but it might need a few more options, besides "both" {hermaphradites anyone? ;) } . I voted and uh, I'm a female. :D Although Paul tried to change my sex recently on the "Use it or Lose it" donation thread. ;)

On this board, I have taken it for granted that the majority of posters are male - and assumed that everyone could tell I was not...but words can be deceiving especially on a message board.

Here's a dumb question: what exactly is a Mini One and do they even have them over here in the USA? As far as I know, all I've ever seen (since the old days when I was but a tyke) are the current Cooper and CooperS. From a purely unscientific annecdotal view, I've seen more men driving both...but sometimes they whiz by me so fast that I can't see which sex they are - or if they're married or what!? :D :p

Hope the poll stays open long term, and you're right, even if it's not scientific, it's a handy tool for marketing folks. :)

P.S. Oops, I didn't realize you'd exhumed this thread AprilWhine! :D Good digging!

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
ontheroadagain said:
Here's a dumb question: what exactly is a Mini One and do they even have them over here in the USA? As far as I know, all I've ever seen (since the old days when I was but a tyke) are the current Cooper and CooperS. From a purely unscientific annecdotal view, I've seen more men driving both...but sometimes they whiz by me so fast that I can't see which sex they are - or if they're married or what!? :D :p
Heres the Spec details on the ONE, and it isn't available in the US......... ;)

http://www.mini2.com/technical/one.php

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Thanks Aiden, I see that if you're not really clued in you might not see the differences. At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about over here. ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
i was a bit worried when ordering my one that is was a bit of a ladies car but most of the people driving them around me are blokes

21 - 40 of 44 Posts