MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Just saw the latest pics over on the Motoringfile:

I'm thinking of getting an 05' to replace my 04' mainly because of the LSD and I now also want the Anthracite headliner. As many of you know MINI has decided to stop producing the Anthracite in the US in a few months. I want to convince them we want it back!

What do we have to do? Call In campaign? E-mail Campaign? Letter Campaign?

Lets do this!

UPDATE

Hey everybody!

I finnally got a chance while Petitiononline.com was actually up to post a petition.

Please everybody lets sign this and see if we can sway MINI to bring the Headliner back. The poll results haven't been very good but i hope we can get this going again! I'm surprised this isn't something people are more involved in!

http://www.petitiononline.com/Thameth/petition.html

Sign the petition!

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
I think since they seem to have decided to discontinue it due to cost issues, is point out that you'd be willing to pay for it. If they feel they can charge an amount ($200 of the top of my head, but I have no idea) that is more then it costs them to offer it, then they may bring it back.

I do however suspect that most people aren't willing to pay much extra for it, (myself included, its on my car because it was free) and thus if they tried to do something that made business sense, it wouldn't work because no one would select the option, much like cancelling Cassette head unit with Harmon Kardon.

·
Prospective Motorist
32 Posts
$200 is more than reasonable since Brits can still spend £100 and get it as an option... :rolleyes:

Why is it still an option in one place and "discontinued" in another when they're all made in the same factory? :mad:

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Why did it take until this year for MINI to offer half leather seats? And still only in red. I'm sure there's some logic to it, but it doesn't really seem to make sense how options are chosen.

·
Prospective Motorist
32 Posts
Why did they bother with the chrono pack?
Why did they move the clock just in time to decide they want to move it back where it was?
Why did they make 8 different versions of the 2-spoke wheel and then decide it cost too much?
Why did they change the taillights?
Why did they strip 95% of the special JCW parts out of the MC40?
:rolleyes:

Why are they "canceling" the Anthracite liner just for the US?
:(

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
As someone has already pointed out, I don't think that it is very fair to discontinue the anthracite headlining in the USA and still have it over here as an option. I have ordered this on my '05 Cooper at a cost of £117.50 inc. VAT.

I hope your campaign is succsessful and you get your message across to MINI.
Good luck :D:D

·
nancy
8 Posts
No Anthracite Now.!!!!....

:confused: Ok - please help. Does ANYONE out there have Anthracite Headliner in MCS 05? Mine was in first week build and I didn't get one. MA said NO ONE did in US - can anyone confirm???

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts

·
Need4Speed
248 Posts
OK, I received an e-mail from Mini USA confirming that they have deleted the anthracite headliner option due to cost issues. When I questioned why it was not being offered as a cost option like in other markets, the Customer Relations and Services Representative stated they would have liked to have seen the cost option offered but had no further information available as to why the decision was made not to do so. The CRSR then went on to say that they had "documented your suggestion in our records for review". Whatever that means ... maybe they have started their own internal petition?

Might I suggest that everyone who would like to order this option contact Mini USA via their website and make their wishes known? Just go to miniusa.com, click through all the eye candy, and click on "CONTACT & FAQs". Then select ">Email" under "Contact Us" on the left menu bar.

Here's a copy of the e-mail I just sent ;)

"Mini USA PLEASE give us the Anthracite Headliner back! I don't care if it's a cost option like the rest of the Planet.

It's bad enough to not get the leather/cloth and cloth options the rest of the world gets, but to tease us with the Anthracite Headliner and then take it away is plain cruel!"

Can't hurt to try ;)

·
nancy
8 Posts
Lukebuzzy - Where Are You???

NOT good news - I mean, good for you, but not me. Where are you located and when did you take delivery of your 05?

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
collinn said:
NOT good news - I mean, good for you, but not me. Where are you located and when did you take delivery of your 05?
I ordered on June 7th from Mini of Fairfield County without the Anthracite headlining and added it to my order on June 21st. Car was built by July 9th and delivered on August 4th

Luke

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Everybody,

Sorry this is progressing slowly on my side, i just came back from Vacation and had alot of other high priority things to take care of.

NAM has started a POLL on the subject and the results will later be sent to MINI along with the Petition i'll be setting up.

Here is a link to the POLL please participate so we can get this going!

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29363

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
11 Participants
///ACS330Ci
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing