MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is one of those "long time coming" posts.

This section consistently causes the most problems for MINI2 as it is always one of the most controversial. Heck, it was one of the reasons that the vendors got their own sections. Because of the constant bickering I wanted to throw out some general guidance when it comes to this section to help our good users and sponsors better understand what to expect from this section and us mods.

1. Post here with your problems.... The folks in this forum are car smart and can help you diagnose a problem.

2. Post here with facts and figures. Show everyone what your MINI is doing and maybe someone can help you find a bit more power.

3. Share and enjoy as you all have the same goals for the most part as we try to get the most HP out of our cars.

Here are some of the problems that I see...

1. False claims. - Well, if you are going to come here and make a false claim you had better have thick skin as these folks will quickly call you on it. Best to have some substantiated proof on your side.

2. Banner waving just to stir the pot. - I'll put this as clear as possible. The tuners have their own forums, so if you want to banner wave for a specific tuner it is best to do it there. This section is not for that and most people are tired of it. As for the sponsors? Well, like I said, you have your own forum. If you come here making claims, you had better be ready, like the others, to back them. Sponsors are no different than any other normal user in this section and banning users just because they question a sponsor is not going to happen provided that number 3 is followed...

3. Verbal attacks on other users. - This one has gotten folks banned quick. I'll put this as simple as I can. IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Ok, that being said, what do I mean by it. Don't come on here and simply post. "You are a ****ing idiot"! That type of post is not acceptable. Be logical and tactful and your posts will read better and you will get more support.

4. Last but not least my favorite. Leveling bogus claims against another user or sponsor. - It is not acceptable to say that a sponsor or user is doing something false or incorrect unless you were there and have proof. In the past we have seen claims that range in severity and to be honest it is just an ignorant and childish knee jerk because you have nothing better to say. Best just to not say anything at all. It, like number 3, will not be tolerated by me.

Bottom line folks is that there is a bit of competition in this section and who would question that considering this is a competitive field. Keep your cool and maintain the MINI spirit so that we can all enjoy. There is a lot to be learned by everyone. :cool:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
OK, this is one of those "long time coming" posts.

This section consistently causes the most problems for MINI2 as it is always one of the most controversial. Heck, it was one of the reasons that the vendors got their own sections. Because of the constant bickering I wanted to throw out some general guidance when it comes to this section to help our good users and sponsors better understand what to expect from this section and us mods.

1. Post here with your problems.... The folks in this forum are car smart and can help you diagnose a problem.

2. Post here with facts and figures. Show everyone what your MINI is doing and maybe someone can help you find a bit more power.

3. Share and enjoy as you all have the same goals for the most part as we try to get the most HP out of our cars.

Here are some of the problems that I see...

1. False claims. - Well, if you are going to come here and make a false claim you had better have thick skin as these folks will quickly call you on it. Best to have some substantiated proof on your side.

2. Banner waving just to stir the pot. - I'll put this as clear as possible. The tuners have their own forums, so if you want to banner wave for a specific tuner it is best to do it there. This section is not for that and most people are tired of it. As for the sponsors? Well, like I said, you have your own forum. If you come here making claims, you had better be ready, like the others, to back them. Sponsors are no different than any other normal user in this section and banning users just because they question a sponsor is not going to happen provided that number 3 is followed...

3. Verbal attacks on other users. - This one has gotten folks banned quick. I'll put this as simple as I can. IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Ok, that being said, what do I mean by it. Don't come on here and simply post. "You are a ****ing idiot"! That type of post is not acceptable. Be logical and tactful and your posts will read better and you will get more support.

4. Last but not least my favorite. Leveling bogus claims against another user or sponsor. - It is not acceptable to say that a sponsor or user is doing something false or incorrect unless you were there and have proof. In the past we have seen claims that range in severity and to be honest it is just an ignorant and childish knee jerk because you have nothing better to say. Best just to not say anything at all. It, like number 3, will not be tolerated by me.

Bottom line folks is that there is a bit of competition in this section and who would question that considering this is a competitive field. Keep your cool and maintain the MINI spirit so that we can all enjoy. There is a lot to be learned by everyone. :cool:

Such a shame it has to be such hard work when it's meant to be relaxed. Wouldn't be it be better to come on, discuss the topic and leave it at that. :hmph:

PS: I probably won't venture in this thread again don't worry! :)

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"nobody can argue with a dyno graph,timing slip or track time print out"

Now that has made me smile !!!!!!;)
LOL, I have Excel and Powerpoint and can make you all the charts that you want. :p

My point is that something is better than nothing. ;)

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
So when a tuner say's his girlfriend has a great pair of boobs, he now has to supply documented verifiable evidence ;)

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, guys I think that the point is that some very extreme claims have been made. Clearly there is no perfect way to prove your claims one way or another, but most people accept what is posted provided that it is within the norms of common sense. ;)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
What if I call someone a "****ing idiot" and have proof to back it up :p

Seriously though good post/rules/whatever ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts