MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you thought it was bad when you ordered your mini and had to wait for it.
Try using your pc for a day and a half and not clicking on MINI2 thats worse.
I know cos I had problems getting into MINI2 for a day and a half and felt like an ALCHI without turps.
Thanks Paul and dogger u saved my life.



:D :cool: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Maybe Paul will offer a prize to the first MINI owner who is crackers enough to install an Internet hookup in the dash so he/she can access MINI2 while driving. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mr.bill said:
Maybe Paul will offer a prize to the first MINI owner who is crackers enough to install an Internet hookup in the dash so he/she can access MINI2 while driving. :D
Do you have any details on how this could be done.:D :D :D
 

·
Moderator & Sponsor
Joined
·
358 Posts
...oh oh...now you've gone and done it John..! I bet he does you know..;)

Good to see you back with us though!
 

·
Test thread infiltrator
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
life without mini2...

... nuts to that, might actually end up doing some work?!?

Dom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
But just remember... don't use it when you're driving! Cell phones and other distractions create enought accidents, just use it in the parking lot and amaze your friends with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
zoooooom said:
you thought it was bad when you ordered your mini and had to wait for it.
Try using your pc for a day and a half and not clicking on MINI2 thats worse.
I know cos I had problems getting into MINI2 for a day and a half and felt like an ALCHI without turps.
Thanks Paul and dogger u saved my life.



:D :cool: ;)
I know how you feel John. Things went careering downhill in here earlier in the week, so i thought i'd give everyone a break from "Basil". I lasted about 24 hours.......

MINI2.com is as bad as my ciggies........or as good !!!!.......:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I'm really suffering at the moment (and will be until at least June).

I'm working in Edinburgh but my home is near Manchester. To make it worse, there is no internet access at work.

I can only get on MINI2 at weekends. It's true, if you cannot get here you do suffer withdrawl symptoms.

Is there a cure for this addiction?

Would any reasonable person take it if there was?

Maybe Stephen Hawkins should be looking at these problems rather than the furthest reaches of the universe!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
peteb said:
I'm really suffering at the moment (and will be until at least June).

I'm working in Edinburgh but my home is near Manchester. To make it worse, there is no internet access at work.

I can only get on MINI2 at weekends. It's true, if you cannot get here you do suffer withdrawl symptoms.

Is there a cure for this addiction?

Would any reasonable person take it if there was?

Maybe Stephen Hawkins should be looking at these problems rather than the furthest reaches of the universe!!
You could try smoking, but I probably shouldn't encourage it........I'm lucky, My laptop serves me when I'm away from my office, so just need a telephone socket and relief comes swiftly.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
JonBlakeburn said:


Laptop and a mobile?
Simplest would be to use a WAP-enabled mobile. No laptop required so long as site supports WAP

Cooler would be to use TV screen on Sat-Nav system (which my dealer tells me can receive TV programmes) as display for internet connection via mobile & linked to MFSW for control of cursor. Dunno about typing, though... Convert drivers side sun visor to a keyboard maybe :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
JonBlakeburn said:


Laptop and a mobile?
Good point, though most mobiles don't support analogue data transmission. One of few is the NOKIA 6210 which uses a software modem emulator. Not sure whether WAP is the answer, hasn't proved very popular at all.

I have not found a mobile phone yet that is data compatible and plugs straight into your current analogue modem. If anyone knows of one, let me know.

cheers
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top