MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't really decide whether to replace my 17" S-lites & RFT with lighter package (+perf. tires) or get a header.
I have Alta 15% pulley, 380 JCW injectors, IE cat-back, CAI, MSD, & RMW Tune. I love the S-lites but they're heavy and replacing them will definitely make the car handle better and more tossable but I also like the extra power and meaner sound of a header to complement my cat-back.
Convince me...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can't really decide whether to replace my 17" S-lites & RFT with lighter package (+perf. tires) or get a header.
I have Alta 15% pulley, 380 JCW injectors, IE cat-back, CAI, MSD, & RMW Tune. I love the S-lites but they're heavy and replacing them will definitely make the car handle better and more tossable but I also like the extra power and meaner sound of a header to complement my cat-back.
Convince me...
Replace the s lites - I saved 52lbs going to superleggerias (16s) and that is noticable :D
Also if you go with a header you will need the tune redoing so the expense mounts up.

BIG change in handling going to lighter wheels and losing the run flat tyres, try and drive a car with lighter wheels to experience the difference before commiting yourself.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts