MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
R.I.P You will be Missed
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thinking of adding lighted LED exhaust tips to my mini. It has two wires-a ground and a hot wire- want to connect it to my brake light. What number on the connector will do this- also are there any plugs that can pop out inside the rear panel or will I have to drill a hole. Thanks

·
Proud MINI2 Sponsor
368 Posts
It gets a little hot there, no?
I wonder how long this lasts, where the wires route, etc.
Please post pics of the install!
Thanks and good luck with the project, can't wait to see it!

·
R.I.P You will be Missed
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep- it may get hot - my concern too-Street glow makes one of them, you can look at it- google street golw
plan to get it in about a week- weird , funny - well i have been weird and funny all my life :)

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
we arn't turning Mini's into Rice Rockets here are we?? Lighted Exhust tips?? Sounds like FAST AND THE FURIOUS style..ew. lol watever. If ur into that stuff "AWESOME" but yea...my first car was a celica GT and i had BUNCH of crap on it too look like it came staright out from JAPAN LAND. Din't look so hot after all. haha :D

·
R.I.P You will be Missed
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well - just installed it and will try to get pics soon- install was a little difficult as it took forever just to find the right tool to get the old tip off. Looked like an allen screw but after a half hour gave up. The next day found a weird screwdriver with a tip i never saw before in my toolbox that had been there for years. Tried it and WALLAH - the right tool for the job. Anyone know thw name for this monster. Brought my drill down as I thought I would have drill holes to get the wires in. But after removing the tail light found a plug with wires going through. Snaked a wire hanger in and although it was tight SUPRISE- it came out under the car. After some cutting and splicing IT WORKS. One problem is that it sticks out to far and if hit will probably get damaged-oh well

·
R.I.P You will be Missed
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pic of exhaust tip

here is pic- not too good but these digital cameras baffle me (although I was a commercial photographer for many years) note that the top (fog) light is also connected for extra safety (very easy to do )

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts