MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I going to get my mini cooper (silver/black) in the first week of march.
And the first thing i want to do is an Underfloorlightning (I don´t know if this is the right word, I just translatet it)
I hope u know what i mean. So my question: Does anyone have an underfloorlightning on his mini? Does anyone have some pics? What is your opinion and what are the problems if you fit it?

CYA crazyBastard ;)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Fast & the Furious style :D :D :D :D :cool:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I remember being out in Malaysia about 10 years ago, and under-floor lighting and illuminating bump-strips were the big thing - esp. on the 4x4s... Used to be cool going for a weekend cruise in K.L.....

Why is under-floor lighting outlawed by the the police here?
Is it all colours, or just certain colours?

Where on earth can you get the stuff from too?!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oki... now I need help.. :)

Why on earth do people want stuff like than on their car... I mean it look like a joke - and it's certainly dont make the car go any quicker or handle any better... so what's the point?

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Why on earth do people want stuff like than on their car...

It helps you spot oil leaks at night :p

It gains you acceptance from the Rice Rocket crowd :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to fit it couse it looks great, and its not that expensive.
Why do somone fit a bodykit or larger wheels, its the nearly the same. Or do u think that a bodykit make the car faster or handle better.

cya crazyBastard ;} maybe in mai with a underfloorlightning

·
Registered
247 Posts
No, no, no, no, NOOOOO.... please I thought we would manage to avoid this sort of tacky monstrousity. Please go and purchase a Nova 1.3 SR and add 10k worth of tat.

It's a nice, classy looking car with a good image, and we'd like to keep it that way.

Shall I send you some white trainers and a gold earing as well??

Is your name Kevin par chance?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Varse said:
No, no, no, no, NOOOOO.... please I thought we would manage to avoid this sort of tacky monstrousity. Please go and purchase a Nova 1.3 SR and add 10k worth of tat.

It's a nice, classy looking car with a good image, and we'd like to keep it that way.

Shall I send you some white trainers and a gold earing as well??

Is your name Kevin par chance?
Too many rude boys 'round here.

http://www.ringroadracers.com

·
Registered
344 Posts
monsta said:

Too many rude boys 'round here.

http://www.ringroadracers.com
Monsta,
You are missing the point - I fail to see the connection between modifying your car to make it brighter and funkier, and mindless vandalistic racing on the highway.
I for one am a stickler for speed limits.
Your post may be more appropriate in the "Performance Tuning" section.
Perhaps we should all give up posting interesting info. and just go back to driving white 1100cc diesel vans with steel wheels... and sensible underpants.

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
For an interesting perspective on this type of "modification"
Click Here

To each his own, but not my cup of tea!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Tea Boy

Everyone knows that the pejorative term 'riceboy' is attached to those owners of Japanese cars who go beyond excess to cosmetically modify their cars with fake badges, huge spoilers, bazooka size exhaust tips, etc.

Since the MINI is built in GB, 'ricer' just doesn't work.
So what would be a more appropriate appelation for those who excessively modify their MINI?
'crumpet boy'
'banger boy'
or what? I know you can do better than that.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Everyone knows that the pejorative term 'riceboy' is attached to those owners of Japanese cars who go beyond excess to cosmetically modify their cars with fake badges, huge spoilers, bazooka size exhaust tips, etc.

Since the MINI is built in GB, 'ricer' just doesn't work.
Actually, the term RICE is no longer restricted to Japanese cars. See the site referenced in Cape Cod MINI's post. ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: Tea Boy

karmuze said:
Everyone knows that the pejorative term 'riceboy' is attached to those owners of Japanese ......
Are you inferring that the MINI is not going to be as popular in Japan as the Mini ;) ?
Personally, I think i'll add an extra set of wheels and a small swimming pool with dive-board ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
EXPLAINATION

Originally posted by MINIAC
Actually, the term RICE is no longer restricted to Japanese cars.
And my point being, that it should be restricted to just Japanese cars. I think every country ought to have its own unique disparaging term for outrageous modification of their countries cars.

Ger: VWs--schnitzel boy
US: Camaros--burger boy
US: Ford F150 PU--hayseed boy
Aus: Holden--mutton boy or crispie boy
UK: I could't think of a good one

Never mind then--Judge I withdraw the question for the witness. No further questions Your Honor.
:p

·
Registered
176 Posts
How about the word pub instead of rice? Here are some examples:

- When are you going to pub up your MINI?
- That's one pubby MINI!
- Your MINI buyer is a major pubber.
- MiniMania wholeheartedly endorses pubbing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts