MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the wait list for a MCS at Long Beach MINI since February. I am hoping that I will be ordering my MCS soon. I have almost finished deciding on my MINI's configuration. It's not going to have many options.

Multifunction Steering Wheel, Cockpit Chrono Pack, Xenon Lights, Fog Lamps, Space Cloth, White Bonnet Stripes, White X-Spoke Wheels, White Roof, White Mirror Caps, and Interior Surface Body Color (Silver Interior Surface if the exterior color I chose is not available for the Interior Surface).

The only thing I can't decide on, or should I say is agree with my wife on, is the car's exterior color. I have really weird taste. I love bright and bold colors. My living room is painted orange and my furniture is yellow. Hence, I really want my MINI to be an odd color. Liquid Yellow is definitely my first choice. Purple Haze would be a distant second choice. My wife on the other hand does not share my weird taste. Since blue is her favorite color, she would like our MINI to be Hyper Blue. Hyper Blue is a cool color, but it looks like a color you can get on any other car out there. To me the MINI is about having a car that is different from all the other cars. By getting an odd color on the MINI, it will even contrast more with other cars. But if you get it in normal color, it will blend in with all of the other boring cars. My wife is also a fan of Electric Blue. Electric Blue is a good color, but not as awesome as Liquid Yellow. Please let me know what you think is the best color out of these four choices.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would go 4 the hyper blue, definitely.... I have been braking my head about making the choice for my new cooper color (and the heads of friends and family ;), but if Hyper Blue was an option on the Cooper (not only Cooper S) I would defnitely go for that!!!

But hey, I chose for Astro Black, so I'm pretty boring than anyway :eek: :D I like electric blue 2, but after a while, I don't know... BEP I thought was nice, but in the sun, it's a little bit too purple for me... It's a hard choice, but it's still personal... But hey you ask our opinion, so I say go with the Hyper Blue!

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Tough decision. Hyper Blue looks like a fantastic colour, and its going to be really popular like electric blue I think.

So if its a little different you want, go for the LY - but HB is certainly nice too!

Besides, its a MINI, it'll look great whatever colour you choose ;) :p :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The word Wife should be the determining factor here. :rolleyes:

The "wife" on the other hand does not share my weird taste? :(

Your living room is painted orange and your furniture is yellow? :eek:

Shouldn't it be, "Our"

Seems to me you got your way with the living room colors. If you care anything about your wife and want the marraige to last, you're going to have to consider your wifes taste and wants.

Otherwise, a couple lawyers will be getting richer off the two of you. :(

From a guy who's been married three times. :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
A Liquid Yellow MCS with black roof, mirrors and Bonnet Stripes.

A name her "Beatrix".

That would be me choice.

Mmmm....Uma!

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Yes, this looks like a good thread to post in!

I believe my signature says my preference! I like the Hyper Blue, but a vast majority of people are ordering it. I saw some poll taken in this forum for what people ordered their MINIs in, over 50-60% of the votes went to Hyper Blue.

Liquid Yellow, Black Top and Black Bonnet stripes are for me! And in 3 weeks time, I get to finally enjoy it!

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Z1GZAG N said:
The word Wife should be the determining factor here. :rolleyes:

The "wife" on the other hand does not share my weird taste? :(

Your living room is painted orange and your furniture is yellow? :eek:

Shouldn't it be, "Our"

Seems to me you got your way with the living room colors. If you care anything about your wife and want the marraige to last, you're going to have to consider your wifes taste and wants.

Otherwise, a couple lawyers will be getting richer off the two of you. :(

From a guy who's been married three times. :D
My wife loved your advice. She has said the same things to me many times. I probably will have to go with the Hyper or Electric Blue to make her happy.

Maybe our next car can be yellow. I have always wanted to buy a Dakar Yellow 1999-2000 BMW M Coupe or an Imola Yellow 1999-2002 Audi S4 Avant. I should be able to afford one of these when they reach ten years of age.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I sympathise....

We had a similar problem, I wanted HB (with Union Jack mirrors) and my fiance wanted LY. I couldn't get my head around the LY until I went to a few garages and saw all the colours together, I was a little worried about driving a LY car but the mini is one of the few cars that actually pulls it off with style.

I surrendered to the idea that if we're ever gonna get a bright coloured car then what better car than a mini. I'm now waiting on a LY MCSC to be delivered and actually getting quite excited about the prospect of such a unique car. Isn't that what minis are about?

·
Registered
241 Posts
The resale value on a yellow Mini would worry me as it appeals to a smaller market. When I sold my Indi Blue Cooper several dealers told me they would not want to buy a yellow car or would offer £500 less than any other colour if they had to trade it in. I bought an Electric BlueMCS and it certainly looks bright and catches the attention!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can't believe that people choose the color of their Mini because of resale value. Get what you like!! My LY/Blk roof, stripes 05 MCS is a real head-turner. I added an aero kit, R90/17's, and driving lights to complete the look. It is great to look at and wonderful to drive. This is a car that you should ste up exactly as you like. :cool:

Attachments

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
I'm with Rob

My cooper was LY/Bk and my Cooper S is going to be LY/Bk.

If I worried about resale prices I would have bought a 5 year old Skoda and kept the rest of the cash in a high yield savings fund. I didn't cos I like the way the car looks in LY/Bk and I like the fact that it is not as popular as DS or EB.

Go LY, you know it makes sense! :cool:

S:yeblack:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yellow!

Sorry I know this is about the Cooper S but I have a LY/BLK Cooper and everywhere you go the whole world points and stares at it!

You park it next to a Black, Blue or silver Mini and is just seems to seem alot sharper with the chrome onit etc...

Oh yeah and one other thing unless you are right up close to it you can have it covered in as much dirt as possible and it still looks clean! It just hides the dirt! Living by the sea mine gets Sand, Sea spray and Seagull poo onit but still seems to keep smiling!

·
Of course it is...
644 Posts
LY w/White Roof

Pick Liquid Yellow...I have an LY MCS with a white (checkered) roof with white stripes & mirror caps...colour is good :)

Yellow is rare around here...also, shows up great on the roads here in Maine where I'm surrounded by nothing by big SUVs... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is Liquid Yellow/White with white bonnet stripes. The stripes have a narrow black edge detail that really ties the whole package together.
It's a very happy car and gets lots of smiles. :)

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
Based on your post, it sounds like EB is the best compromise between the two. It's blue (which the wife likes) but is still quite 'bright and bold' (which you like). I was never a fan of the EB until I saw it in person on a friends car. Its a fabulous color. My selfish side would tell you to go with the 'distant 2nd' Purple Haze (thats what I'll be ordering for my next MINI), but it doesn't sound like it really suits you. ;)

Compromise is key. EB is the compromise... at least thats how it seems to me. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.