MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my list!!... others please post thier freebies too...

Freebies at pickup

1. 4 MINI hats of our choice.
2. 4 packs of MINI mints
3. 1 MINI mug
4. Cupholder..... one that is screwed in next to stero.
5. Cloth matts ( FRONT and BACK)
6. Rubber Matts ( FRONT and BACK)
7. 2 more posters
8. Free thingy of motor oil ( came with MINI cloth type bag- with velcro on back!-)

Freebies that i got after pickup

1. 4 more packs of mints.

Freebies to get soon

1. MINI shirts!

anyone else?

·
On the Tappen Zee daily
27 Posts
Way to go Johnny! Score! what dealer did you go to? Was there a reason - like they forgot to install doors on your car - or were they just being nice? I ordered mine three weeks ago, and scored two free cups of coffee and a brochure!

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes!! SCORE!! lol..

we went to MINI of MORRISTOWN... there sort of was reason.... and that was...

1. Didnt mail the contract....
2. didnt call back when we called.....
3. was wrong a few times

anyways our MA new her fault and gave us what ever we basiclly wanted.... oh yesh i forgot Two things...

worth 20 us dollars EACH!!..

we got to mini key fobs.... it says MINI on one side and LET'S MOTOR on the other!

·
Livin' the country life
4,008 Posts
Well You've raised the bar!!

Well done, you have scored well and have really upped the ante for the rest of us!!

"let's party like it's on sale for $19.99" :p

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well, I got:

1) $1000 off the sticker price of my MCSC
2) 4 free floor mats ($100 value)
3) 2 free stuffed toys (Mini car and bulldog)
4) Mounted cupholder (didn't ask for this, was already installed).

So I guess I did OK, but the first 3 on the list were because they messed up my spec and I went berzerk at the dealership :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow! Johnny got the goods.

I asked for a set of rubber mats and a hat.

Had to pay for the mats, but got the hat free.

Oh well. I think the mints and cup holder are standard now.

anyone get a "welcome package" in the mail. I heard a rumor there is one.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
MadisonMini said:
4) Mounted cupholder (didn't ask for this, was already installed).
I am pretty sure the cupholder comes standard from the factory now, as they have had multiple customers complain about the small cup holders.
I got free carpet floor mats, MINI mints and $300 off MSRP. Not that much I guess.

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i actually dont really like the cupholder... it hits the passengers knees... and it is good to put thermoses...in it though

·
Registered
514 Posts
You guys are setting me up for disappointment aren't you? lol :D

I don't really expect to get anything from my dealer. I've heard from others that have said my dealer tends not to do gifts like floor mats. Although if I had to swap errors in my spec for freebies, I'd rather pay MRSP and have the car right from day one. :)

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hehe.. not to brag... but our car is perfict... so far.... but the problem that occured.. ( i saided it above) is that our MA messed up on contacting us...

·
Registered
514 Posts
jonnyyellow said:
our MA messed up on contacting us...
My MA can't even be pinged for that! He's been very responsive with a minimum of weekly updates along with quick responses to my e-mails. Oh well, maybe he'll give me something because it's Christmas. ;)

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
indimini said:
My MA can't even be pinged for that! He's been very responsive with a minimum of weekly updates along with quick responses to my e-mails. Oh well, maybe he'll give me something because it's Christmas. ;)

christman.. lol.. thats funny good excuse

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well, my MA's mistake was the dash color. I had spec'd body color (orange) and they gave me anthracite.

That's what made me flip out and get the extra cash off the top. But now I am SO glad that I didn't get the orange, love the antracite, looks very sleek (and also probably different that everyone else who ordered the hot orange car with the body color interior).

As a side note, I was so mad, that I initially told him I wanted $5000 off the price of the car. The sales manager said they "only" made $2000 profit of each Mini. I said "Fine, I'll take half." Can't believe he admitted how much they make from each car.

Read recently that Mini ranks lowest for cash value dealer incentives (average $8 as apposed to $3000 average with Ford).

No wonder Mini is such a money maker: No TV ads, No dealer incentives, just profit.

·
topless in SoCal
77 Posts
MadisonMini said:
No wonder Mini is such a money maker: No TV ads, No dealer incentives, just profit.
There's no denying there's huge profits made by MINI, but to say they don't spend money trying to build and identify the brand is a bit off the mark. I've probably seen more magazine ads and billboard ads for MINIs than for any other car over the last two years. They regularly have non-traditional ad inserts in magazines that aren't cheap.

I don't know off hand which ad agency has the MINI USA account, but they have to be making bank themselves.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Package

jedi67 said:
Wow! Johnny got the goods.

I asked for a set of rubber mats and a hat.

Had to pay for the mats, but got the hat free.

Oh well. I think the mints and cup holder are standard now.

anyone get a "welcome package" in the mail. I heard a rumor there is one.
We got cloth mats, a couple of hats and two keychains.

BUT even cooler was the welcome package, which came about 10 weeks after we bought our MCC!

• MINI business card holder with MINI cards to give to prospective owners
  • MINI internet owner's lounge advert card
  • Roadside assistance ID card
  • "The idiosyncracies of you new MINI convertible" fold out... with neat tips.
  • "MINI Messaging Kit"- CD Jewel Box with mesage cards to flash to others while motoring
  • "Encyclopedia of Open Motoring"- cool booklet that was included in some magazines a month or two ago
  • Financial Services info book
  • Two "Interstate Highway Bingo" cards from MINI
  • "Let's Customize Our Bodies" suntan tattoos- flames, chequered flags, sun, moon, "motor" and "37"
  • MINI"Hollywood to Manhattan" pen
  • MINI motoring journal

All held together with a "Let's Motor" rubber band and wrapped in red tissue in a nice MINI cardboard box.

Very nice surprises, all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like you got well taken care of.

And someone asking for $5000 off a mini? And then complaining because dealers are making a profit? Be fortunate you got any money off. The law of supply and demand states that when supply is less than demand, you are going to pay more. There is no denying that. And right now mini supply is WAY less than demand.

Uhm, that's what businesses do, make a profit. Who are we to say how much they 'should' make for selling a car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a free hat but I had to ask for it.. I was suppose to get some free Mini wax but I haven't seen it yet. Oh yeah, I got cookies in the mail too a week later.

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey,,,

anyone know if they are still mailing the welcome packages? and if so.. how long do they take to get here? i hope we get one!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts