MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I decided to treat my car to a dealership oil service . filled in the online details on Sunday for the local dealership to get back to me as and when . 9am Monday morning I am awoken ( I'm on leave this week )by my mobile ringing , it's the dealers saying that they had a message to contact me and they did not know what it was about (hmm the online form I filled in clearly stated I wanted an oil service and quoted me £96 a lot of good that did ! ).I arrange with the guy at the other end of the phone to get it done whilst I wait on Tue 16th Jan and he quotes me £126......ok I guess the price increase is due to my not waiting till the end of the week .
So today I take my car along for its oil service wait an hour and 20 mins to be presented with an "Visual health check " list which says I need to have £600 worth of work done on the car (2003 Cooper S )

They tell me that -my thermostat housing is starting to leak ,
my rocker cover gasket is leaking ,
my sump gasket is leaking
and finally that I require new discs and pads at the rear .

So I take the nice list off the gentleman and say "thank you I will look into this" knowing full well I can get the work done cheaper by my man who can ( thats if it needs doing at all ), and take out my card to pay the bill ....shock of shock it's not £126....nor is it £96 .....the sum total for the oil service and wash and valet is £79 !

Very happy with the whole experience , not only that but they complimented me on the overall condition of the car .

This is the same dealership that last year replaced my PSP when it failed for the price of the diagnostic test and the replacement power steering fluid ! ( sum total of approx £80 )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great to hear! My F56 JCW is booked in on 2 February for its first service with them and im paranoid when it comes to dealers so this is great comfort to me. I created an account specially to reply to this thread lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to hear! My F56 JCW is booked in on 2 February for its first service with them and im paranoid when it comes to dealers so this is great comfort to me. I created an account specially to reply to this thread lol

I'm glad I can put your mind at ease a little , the level of service I have had with them whenever I have dealt with them has been excellent especially when my car is 15 years old . I was VERY surprised when last year MINI paid for a brand new PSP when mine failed ,all in all they have been fantastic .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts