MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone program an 04 ecu to delete the immobilizer and alarm or offer a non-immobilizer start option, normal ignition sw

I just picked up a near junk 04 mini copper, fully loaded, girl still owes $4k on it, as a first car for daughter. It ran fine two weeks ago but then starter went out. It was towed and couldn’t be started. When connecting battery alarm sounds, click remote 4 times, and can control door locks only. No start, no windows etc. I replaced starter, upstream o2 sensor, fuel filter, accessory belt, ignition coils, wires, valve cover gaskets, brakes etc. I am ready to do oil and cvt filter, gasket and want to warm up the car, but turning key nothing. Dealer says a min of $400 to reprogram ECU. I call bullshit.

anyone have tools to reprogram Ecu to work without immobilized? BMW made these little cars far too complicated.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
thats the trouble having the spare few thousand quid that will take a long time to get back if dont have enough business for it, that said can buy bmw software dealer level
below link worth talking to b,cables see what it covers etc
BMW OBD Diagnostic Kit allows BMW Coding, BMW ISTA Diagnostics and BMW Fault Code Reset BCABLES.COM
or

1 - 4 of 4 Posts