MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got round to sorting my exhaust out (it vibrates near the cat and the rear silencer on the heatshield). Went to the garage who fitted it to get them to have a look at it as well as the front right wheel as the brake was scraping (which they also fitted). The guy fixed the brake scraping problem by like bashing his hand on something, pushing it in behind the wheel....hmmm. Then asked him about the exhaust and he replied 'thats what we called after-market exhausts...' so I started telling him about that the exhaust is made specifically for this car and everyone else I know of who has this exhaust has no issues with it. He was then just going on about no matter what you do you will always have problems. I then asked if there was anything he could do at all to lower the whole system and push it to the right a bit so it sits central in the exhaust cutout but he obviously couldn't be assed to do anything about it. Anyway the car is booked in for an MOT at the place tomorrow so I'll get them to do it then. Does anyone know for certain if cat-back exhaust systems can be lowered or moved at all on a mini one/cooper, because the mounts for the center section don't look like they can be moved (which is where the in-cabin vibration is coming from).

·
still learning
1,270 Posts
sounds as if he has just made a hash of fitting the exhaust system...............was it Kwikfit by any chance ?

I once had Kwikfit put a new system on my golf GTI and the rear silencer which has two pipes coming out was not perfectly horizontal, ie the two pipes were askew.

I just asked the guy to starighten it up which he reluctantly did.................but why could he not have done it right first time ?

probably same situation with your exhaust................tell them your not happy with it and will take it for a second opinion at their expense !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts