MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a slight problem with a MINI which isn't my own one. My father is running a raffle for a charity and the prize is a new MINI. The people running it yesterday put the paperwork in the glovebox and locked it. Today however the glovebox will not unlock.

The key goes in, turns but it refuses to open any more than that. I wondered if it was down to the fact that the battery has been removed (it's in a shopping centre and the policy is to remove all batteries)?

Any ideas? Would the immobilser lock the glovebox as well?

·
02-OXY
63 Posts
euan said:
Hi all,

I have a slight problem with a MINI which isn't my own one. My father is running a raffle for a charity and the prize is a new MINI. The people running it yesterday put the paperwork in the glovebox and locked it. Today however the glovebox will not unlock.

The key goes in, turns but it refuses to open any more than that.
?
I have the same problem.. only had the car a week and my glovebox doesn't open now either...

Have you fixed this yet???
I am going to talk to the dealer as soon as the xmas holidays r over..

Cheers

oxy :confused:

·
MINI freak
19 Posts
oxygen said:
I have the same problem.. only had the car a week and my glovebox doesn't open now either...

Have you fixed this yet???
I am going to talk to the dealer as soon as the xmas holidays r over..

Cheers

oxy :confused:
Mine broke. Started with the glovebox not closing because the handle was getting hung up (not springing back to the recessed position). The cheap crome handle finally broke on the inside mechanism, causing the handle to not release the glovebox catch (= does not open anymore). Dealer had to order a complete new glovebox because you can't replace just the plastic handle. I'm starting to worry that some of these plastic pieces won't hold up in the long run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts