MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purchased these and they look really nice with the silvatech bulbs in, but does the halo ring always be really dull and only actually become noticable when they are proper pitch black?

the light doesnt seem to filter through the halo ring properly either does it and i wnat them to be whiter nad brighter as they STILL dont match my genuine xenon lights!

really annoyin me as they aint cheap so y the lighting seem to be cheap?

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Please cut out the 'txt tlk' - it doesn't help our visitors from overseas.

If you search for 'halo sidelights' on the forum, you'll find lots of people discussing their brightness - including our own mikeythemini who tried to upgrade them to run 4 LEDs instead of the normal two. He did this but Ultrik the manufacturer wouldn't supply him parts to enable him to market it.

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
purchased these and they look really nice with the silvatech bulbs in, but does the halo ring always be really dull and only actually become noticable when they are proper pitch black?

the light doesnt seem to filter through the halo ring properly either does it and i wnat them to be whiter nad brighter as they STILL dont match my genuine xenon lights!

really annoyin me as they aint cheap so y the lighting seem to be cheap?
yes they go quite bright at night.

If you really wanted too you could fit some bright LED sidelight bulbs to them instead so they would be brighter and whiter. I like the light that comes off them and they do look good at night.

And it isnt that they are made cheap, they have two bulbs, one either side and the light reflects off everything to make the whole ring light up. Brighter lights would work but there would be two definitive darker bits at the top and bottom of the halos.

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
yes they go quite bright at night.

If you really wanted too you could fit some bright LED sidelight bulbs to them instead so they would be brighter and whiter. I like the light that comes off them and they do look good at night.

And it isnt that they are made cheap, they have two bulbs, one either side and the light reflects off everything to make the whole ring light up. Brighter lights would work but there would be two definitive darker bits at the top and bottom of the halos.
Dont suppose you know where i could get pics of these brighther bulbs or buy them from as i am having this exact problem & the ones that mikey have dont give you the blue ring which is what i want but brighter.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts