MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my replacement car today.

Left the showroom and was back 2 miles later! The runflat indicator bleeped and kept flashing. Took her back and they rechecked the tyres and reset, now fine.

Wow, those 17's are the bizz, cant tell the difference between these and the 16's, definitely no more bumpy.

The build quality has dramatically improved. Obvious things i noticed straight away was the smooth gearbox, much much better. Quiet power steering. No more squeeky seats thank god.

There has also been a modification to the rear plastic side panels. Mine are now completely straight. They have fitted some sort of bar along both sides, a great improvement, no more ripples.

All i can say is i am one happy bunny! I just hope the fun factor continues.

Lol :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is good news lol. I am really pleased the new ones now seem to be better cars. Our replacement is due end of March, so am looking forward to a fault free car.

...simon

·
Registered
330 Posts
Happy to hear that, but just how many cars have been replaced???? I keep seeing reference to replacements everywhere!!

Think I'll start (yet another) poll.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
So it seems as though its so far, so good :cool: :cool:
Any chance of some piccies folks :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
309 Posts
my replacement should be here by the end of the month and I can't wait for those 17"... Whats the ride & the grip levels like....

Most importantly does it go in a straight line now????

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
smartbomb said:
Nice one lol,
What spec, colour etc have you chosen this time ?
[Hi Smartbomb,

I have gone for the silver/black combo again with a few changes.

Half leather instead of the full (find this much better)
Auto air con instead of manual. OBC. CD player instead of MD (didnt like the time it took to start! and no LP facility), Oh, and not forgetting upgrading wheels to 17's.

the rest is the same spec which are , sunroof, asc+t, chilli, heated mirrors + jets.

I also dropped the supaguard treatment as to be honest i couldnt tell the difference. Instead, i stopped off at Halfords and stocked up on the Autoglym products!

I must say the build quality has dramatically improved so heres hoping my seats stay squeek free!

Chow for now!

Lol.

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Nice one lol,
Glad to hear you stuck to the same colour. It beats me when people reject their car and choose another colour....
Look forward to seeing both of you real soon...

·
Registered
309 Posts
XTM is in the house!!!

R.I.P. RPZ

my replacement has finally arrived and those 17" look oh so sweet!!!

It also seems to go in a straight line now - hooray - lets hope it stays that way...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Replacments

How have you guys managed to get a replacement car? what were the problems that couldn't be fixed and so got you a new one etc???

Regards,

TC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts