MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
We bought a supercharged R52 (2008) from London Mini owned by Charles Sinclair in Hampton London. Right from the start there were issues and not put off we accepted the fact the SWC didn’t work and it seemed to be running a little hot (though within limits). Anyway, my partner was driving and the car overheated. No obvious coolant leak so had it taken to BMW. The diagnosis showed first stage cooling fan wasn’t working and pressure test revealed blown head gasket (at least). BMW said the fan had probably not been functioning for some time
We have had the car since late October and though the 3 month warranty has just passed expected the dealer to make it right. He won’t do that and wants to share the expense. Off to court we go!!
I should have trusted my gut and not had anything to do with this company.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, we appear to be having very similar problems with our LondonMini, purchased in December 2021, developing problems in April 2022, just outside the 3 month warranty, and now unable to even make contact with Charles and stuck at what to do now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Currently trying to get our money back from this company. Terrible man, proper rogue trader.
Sold my 18 year old daughter a mini which we discovered after getting it home the list of issues . Took him court, we won , still refusing to pay !!

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
name and shame them, no way to treat customers
yep only get one chance to do the right thing, after that its just gets twisted and expensive.

Reactions: BikerToe

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE="Katie M, post: 4529032, member: 406755"]
Currently trying to get our money back from this company. Terrible man, proper rogue trader.
Sold my 18 year old daughter a mini which we discovered after getting it home the list of issues . Took him court, we won , still refusing to pay !!
[/QUOTE]
hi I am having the same issue how can I take him to court please ?? Thank you

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
QUOTE="Katie M, post: 4529032, member: 406755"]
hi I am having the same issue how can I take him to court please ?? Thank you
[/QUOTE]
below link is a good starting point it will cost you money to take them to court you should get that money back when you win, that said if they are owing loads of people money and have a number of judgements they will at some point go bankrupt and fold up the business as they do,, then its near impossible to get paid out from it,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can’t believe this
i will be taking him to court also, he won’t give me a refund of 2400.
what will you do if he doesn’t pay this amount ?
im also going to report him to the police.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,
We bought a supercharged R52 (2008) from London Mini owned by Charles Sinclair in Hampton London. Right from the start there were issues and not put off we accepted the fact the SWC didn’t work and it seemed to be running a little hot (though within limits). Anyway, my partner was driving and the car overheated. No obvious coolant leak so had it taken to BMW. The diagnosis showed first stage cooling fan wasn’t working and pressure test revealed blown head gasket (at least). BMW said the fan had probably not been functioning for some time
We have had the car since late October and though the 3 month warranty has just passed expected the dealer to make it right. He won’t do that and wants to share the expense. Off to court we go!!
I should have trusted my gut and not had anything to do with this company.
Sorry to hear this ! I’m in the same situation.
If possible we all need to join up together and get this sorted out! I am
In the process of taking him to court !
we all need to join together and get our money back . Please respond if you would like to work together. Thanks

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
good luck with getting your money back, I think it might be a struggle though :confused: do you know some big lads to go round and twist his arm (off) ;)
twist his head off be better lol,

Reactions: BikerToe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for that. It seems he has ceased trading and changed the name of his company now to London mini ltd so bailiffs can't touch him . He really knows how to play the game . We have given up hope now . Just making sure anyone I know stays away from this company

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Thanks for that. It seems he has ceased trading and changed the name of his company now to London mini ltd so bailiffs can't touch him . He really knows how to play the game . We have given up hope now . Just making sure anyone I know stays away from this company
its a shame but its what some rip off fools do gives other honest car trade people bad name, what kind of faults has it got

·
Registered
2007 cooper
240 Posts
I had a feeling he'd do that :mad: just keep giving him bad press. what about a local news paper ? the less trade he gets the better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One guy said he was able to get his money back from him, i think there is hope we just have to keep fighting, I also think a group of us need to go there and cause a fuss, what this man has done is wrong and I hope one else falls victim to it. please send your email Im also planing on taking him To court might be able to help both of us ??
We sold the car a few months ago to someone looking for a project. It was just one problem after another with it [/QUOTE

·
Registered
188 Posts
There's a first, if you go on to londonmini.net and look at the 'Customer Feedback' he's just done a screenshot of his eBay feedback as a buyer and even headed the page 'Just a few of our Clients comments'. Jeez. He's even lying on that.

It might be me being petty but all the grammatical mistakes on a website representing a company tends to put me off as well.

Good luck with it, the last time I had a problem with a used car dealer (who sold me a ringer) - according to trading standards and the police, it was my fault for being stupid.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Good luck with it, the last time I had a problem with a used car dealer (who sold me a ringer) - according to trading standards and the police, it was my fault for being stupid.

Jesus, that’s bad. You’d think you would have some recompense against the seller. Shows you that you’re on your own vs unscrupulous sellers

1 - 20 of 36 Posts