MINI Cooper Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for that. It seems he has ceased trading and changed the name of his company now to London mini ltd so bailiffs can't touch him . He really knows how to play the game . We have given up hope now . Just making sure anyone I know stays away from this company
we brought a mini from CHARLES SINCLAIR in Hampton (Percy road) only to find a year later.. its CAT D (WRITE OFF) which he never told us. otherwise obviously 1 i would of never brought the vehicle. 2. I needed to know for it to be properly insured. 3. He gained financial gain as cat d cars are 40% less the value! we are now in the process of taking him to court and trading standards. PLEASE EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY THIS MAN. PLEASE CONTACT ME.
THE MORE STORYS WE HAVE, THE MORE CHANCE WE CAN MAKE SURE HE NEVER TRADES AGAIN
. miss rowena stevens @ outlook .com
To top it all off when we confronted him him - He showed his true colours - CONNIVING, HORRIBLE RUDE little man.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear this ! I’m in the same situation.
If possible we all need to join up together and get this sorted out! I am
In the process of taking him to court !
we all need to join together and get our money back . Please respond if you would like to work together. Thanks
we brought a mini from CHARLES SINCLAIR in Hampton (Percy road) only to find a year later.. its CAT D (WRITE OFF) which he never told us. otherwise obviously 1 i would of never brought the vehicle. 2. I needed to know for it to be properly insured. 3. He gained financial gain as cat d cars are 40% less the value! we are now in the process of taking him to court and trading standards. PLEASE EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY THIS MAN. PLEASE CONTACT ME.
To top it all off when we confronted him him - He showed his true colours - CONNIVING, HORRIBLE RUDE little man.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,
We bought a supercharged R52 (2008) from London Mini owned by Charles Sinclair in Hampton London. Right from the start there were issues and not put off we accepted the fact the SWC didn’t work and it seemed to be running a little hot (though within limits). Anyway, my partner was driving and the car overheated. No obvious coolant leak so had it taken to BMW. The diagnosis showed first stage cooling fan wasn’t working and pressure test revealed blown head gasket (at least). BMW said the fan had probably not been functioning for some time
We have had the car since late October and though the 3 month warranty has just passed expected the dealer to make it right. He won’t do that and wants to share the expense. Off to court we go!!
I should have trusted my gut and not had anything to do with this company.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another peculiarity regarding Charles at London Mini. Somehow the negative google reviews page has been diverted away from London Mini to a website called Daves Logs Hampton. It looks like it could just be a cover and not a real website. Is this Charles, or someone he has hired to try and fool people again and hide all the negative reviews from google?

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM CHARLES SINCLAIR AT LONDON MINI IN HAMPTON. The reviews for 'Daves Logs' are all for London Mini.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Hi everyone,
We bought a supercharged R52 (2008) from London Mini owned by Charles Sinclair in Hampton London. Right from the start there were issues and not put off we accepted the fact the SWC didn’t work and it seemed to be running a little hot (though within limits). Anyway, my partner was driving and the car overheated. No obvious coolant leak so had it taken to BMW. The diagnosis showed first stage cooling fan wasn’t working and pressure test revealed blown head gasket (at least). BMW said the fan had probably not been functioning for some time
We have had the car since late October and though the 3 month warranty has just passed expected the dealer to make it right. He won’t do that and wants to share the expense. Off to court we go!!
WE HAD A REALLY GOOD EXPERIENCE. YOU ARE PROBABLY SOME LOOSER THAT HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

·
Banned
4 Posts
WE ARE TOLD HE OFFERED YOU A FULL REFUND AT THE FULL MARKET VALUE. NOT SURE WHAT MORE YOU WANTED

·
Banned
4 Posts
hi I am having the same issue how can I take him to court please ?? Thank you
below link is a good starting point it will cost you money to take them to court you should get that money back when you win, that said if they are owing loads of people money and have a number of judgements they will at some point go bankrupt and fold up the business as they do,, then its near impossible to get paid out from it,
[/QUOTE]
WE HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU WERE GIVEN A FULL REFUND. IS THAT NOT TRUE?. IF ITS NOT TRUE PLEASE LET US KNOW. IF ITS TRUE THEN SHUT UP.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Hi everyone,
Hi everyone,
YOU MUST BE JOKING.THE CARS OUT OF WARRANTY AND THE DEALER WANTS TO HELP YOU.
WHAT DID YOU EXPECT FROM CAR THAT OLD AND WE ALL KNOW THESE CARS ARE RUBBIS.
YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT A NEW ONE

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
below link is a good starting point it will cost you money to take them to court you should get that money back when you win, that said if they are owing loads of people money and have a number of judgements they will at some point go bankrupt and fold up the business as they do,, then its near impossible to get paid out from it,
WE HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU WERE GIVEN A FULL REFUND. IS THAT NOT TRUE?. IF ITS NOT TRUE PLEASE LET US KNOW. IF ITS TRUE THEN SHUT UP.
[/QUOTE]
why would I want to take him to court ,, never bought a car off in first place, in fact in over 20 years never have bought a car off any dealer as to be honest most not all just sell cars have not enough brain cells to to know fully what they are selling most of the time,, greedy little sales muppets are not car techs ,,, my advice was to the post of someone who felt they were being ripped off, MY ANSWER WAS TAKE IT INFRONT OF A JUDGE WITH PROOF OF WRONG DOING,
I SEE SUCH CARS ALL THE TIME WHERE PEOPLE BUY THEM AND HAVE BIG ENGINE FAULTS , THERE AGAIN A 100K CAR TEN YEAR OLD IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE FAULTY IN SOME WAY SOON, THEN ADD A LEVEL OF MINI PSA DESIGNS HMM WHAT COULD GO WRONG HE|

·
Registered
5 Posts
WE ARE TOLD HE OFFERED YOU A FULL REFUND AT THE FULL MARKET VALUE. NOT SURE WHAT MORE YOU WANTED
Ok - so this is either Charles or his wife Lynne.

Cant even be honest in this.

At least think it through, lol. For a 'customer', you somehow seem to know a lot about the details of legal proceedings against a person. Why on earth would Charles tell you all this if it were true, and if he were giving refunds, why would people be successful in taking him to court. Also, why would a customer feel the need to be so angry at negative reviews and calling other people abusive names?

TBH - not surprised at how silly you are to do this. You clearly are naive to think this con would not catch up with you eventually.

Perhaps Charles, focus on doing honest business rather than chasing your tail when you get caught out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh how funny - what an imbecile he is. You can report it to google to update. I just have. If a few do, it gets pushed for a manual review and a real person will read it and figure out that its not logs, and its sinclair.
Thankfully - google employees are far more intelligent than Charles and Lynne.
Good to know, thanks. I'll get straight on that

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi al, I have also recently bought a Mini Cooper s off of this guy, And like everybody else I had to chase him constantly and I did receive the car after 3 weeks but have to give it back less than 12 hours later! It was also returned 2 more times after that with problems I was told we’re fixed but I very recently found out they were not, which leads me onto to I got it looked at by a trusted mechanic after the warranty had run out and his words to me were after spending £3,500 on a car I wanted was to scrap because it was un-drivable and unsafe! I was in the process of researching my options and my wife came across this! I’m stunned if I’m honest that this man can do this to so many people and even when it is taken to court nothing still happens!! Well I’m currently filling out an online form on the gov.uk website to the insolvency service and they can investigate his company im not holding out much hope as this guy knows how to play the game, But if everybody who has had dealings through a court or not with guy filed a complaint then they’ll realise how much of a con man he is! Look no one will be getting their money back but if we could shut him down and stop him selling dangerous cars to trusting people then I’d be happy! In the meantime I’m going to pray he sells a dodgy car to someone you wouldn’t want to mess with🙂

·
Registered
8 Posts
Charles has once again changed his google profile after negative reviews. It now shows THE GARAGE which then links through to sinclaircars.net

He is trying to hide all negative reviews, that he is still getting, because he is still selling dodgy cars to people

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM CHARLES SINCLAIR AT LONDON MINI

·
Registered
0 Posts
The disruption caused by this person has been incalculable.
I managed to extricate myself from what appeared to be a con and get my money back through my bank, but it has totally messed up plans. I assume there's something else going on financially as it's a high risk strategy to play with so many people. Maybe they just enjoy it?
Reported to Trading Standards etc as I am a meticulous record keeper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everyone must report to trading standard via citizens advice as its the only way to put a stop to this.
By the way, check out his website, it even has a screen shot of his phone tabs, showing reviews for sinclaircars.net. He is such an idiot, part of me wonders how he managed to con us all, and yet here we are.
All I can say is I wont give up until hes stopped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE="Katie M, post: 4529032, member: 406755"] Currently trying to get our money back from this company. Terrible man, proper rogue trader. Sold my 18 year old daughter a mini which we discovered after getting it home the list of issues . Took him court, we won , still refusing to pay !!
hi I am having the same issue how can I take him to court please ?? Thank you [/QUOTE]

·
Registered
5 Posts
SCAMMED - In my opinion taking your car in for an MOT at London Mini, Percy Road, Hampton and 7 days later receiving a phone call stating you can collect your car and it will cost you £1287 is not alright? Apart from the first day when I rang asking to collect my car and was informed that I needed a new radiator and that it would cost £450 which I reluctantly agreed to him to do the work. But every day after that, I rang asking for my car back and was told he is still looking at it. At no time during an everyday telephone conversation did he inform me that something else needed doing and it would cost blah blah blah. As a female going to your local garage and trusting them with your car and their service, I am absolutely distraught, feel totally scammed and am extremely disappointed that I was treated this way. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this garage? Please message or post me. Any advice would be much appreciated as I feel completely deflated as he not only lied stating where my car was but also would not give me my MOT Certificate until I demanded it. . In my opinion this whole experience has been so traumatic, frustrating, completely wrong and left me financially short for Christmas..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im trying to take him to court too - we need to all support each other and get a judge to take this seriously.

if you want to support this and band together reply here: [email protected]
Hi, Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I would like to take him to court also. This has to stop. I would be happy to work with you on this. Please let me know. Best wishes caroline

41 - 60 of 61 Posts