MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just wondering if any members here are entering in the London to Brighton run on the 19th May.:D :D :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
How much does it cost to enter :confused: :confused: :)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Are we allowed?

Also, normally you have to apply really early or through a club to get a place.

Anyway, we should have an unofficial new MINI run. Anyway fancy that??!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Id be up for that :) I shall have my car by then :)
Even if it is a long drive from Cardiff :D :D

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The advert for this is in this months mini world

Smiffy the entry fee is £20 and the dead line is 31st of March.

Monsta I 'm not sure whether MINIs are a allowed,but in does'nt say there not.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
£20 quid!!!!!!!!! What a bargin :D :D :D
Is there a web site :confused: :confused: :)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
From previous experience you have to be a subscriber to Mini World to get it early enough (it usually arrives a couple of days before it is in the shops)

Web site is http://www.lsmoc.co.uk

Also AFAIK the lsmoc are not MINI friendly.

Trust me I've been on the run three times!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Well if there not MINI friendly lets have our very own MINI2 run :) :) :)
And it wont cost anything either :D :D

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I'm up for that everyone meet at Crystal Palace, 19th May at about 8am.

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is'nt the London to Brighton run in aid of charity so why would they have a problem Monsta

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Yeah it's not them it's the people on the run who might give us grief. I wouldn't risk it this year. Maybe next year when they are used to us.

What do you reckon, Mon?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sad

Are all classic Mini owners jealous??

Even at work, the classic Mini owners give me a hard time when I am nice and polite asking them about their cars??

I think it is sad that some people are so uptight.

Chill out, I say.

:) :)

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For all those classic fans that visit MINI2,please do not turn this into a MINI vs mini issue.

THANK YOU

·
Registered
213 Posts
darius

I caaaan feeeeel the peace in this room (or forum).....

;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
L to B run

It is NOT a charity run!! (unless they have changed the rule)
In the past, when we have turned up at the time allocated (8am on) you end up quite a way back from the start. So you could be still there at 10/11am before you actually start to move, let alone get to Brighton.
A couple of years ago, we got there, parked outside, went in and got our plaques (by showing your entrance ticket) and then waited till about 9.30am before heading off. We made our own route down (traffic was horrendous-bloody mini's everywhere) instead of following the route prescribed, got down to Brighton, parked up and watched the fun unfold.
It is good, if you've never done it, it's one to do.
I should imagine the MINI will be a popular choice, there's nothing stopping you going down to Brighton on the 19th.

·
Registered
668 Posts
L2B is not a charity run. The profits, which when I saw the figures a couple of years ago were about 50% of the entrance fees, go to the LSMOC. 2000x20x0.5 is a fairly easy sum to work out!

I know that MINIs are allowed this year, although the decision caused a lot of aggro on the LSMOC committee, but they can't enter the show'n'shine. As stated earlier in this thread there are some crazy Mini owners out there. If I owned a MINI (which I don't, yet) I would give it a miss this year.

My advice would be for MINI2.com to get itself established as a proper club on the MiniWorld list, and then it'll get invited for a club stand. Could be interesting as this year there is a limit of 1 MINI on a stand for 6 cars!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think the BMW is allowed on the London to Brighton run, although there was some upset over its inclusion amongst LSMOC members.
I think the L to B, along with the Italian Job run will cause more upset with Mini owners mainly because they have limited entry numbers. Unlike a Mini show, there is a limit on the numbers of cars allowed to take part and for every BMW version allowed on board, that means one less classic Mini can take part.
The L to B is always over subscribed and I am sure you can understand (although not neccesarily agree with) a classic Mini fan getting annoyed at BMWs on the run, especially if they have missed out on a place.
At the end of the day all that official entry to the run does, is allow you to park on Madeira drive at Brighton. There are a lot of classic owners who hold their own unofficial convoy to Brighton and then park up and join in the fun. If you really want to join in, but also want to preserve the L to B as a classic Mini run, then why not have an unofficial convoy? You could then park up in Brighton and join in the fun on Maderia drive along with the many classic Mini owners who will be doing likewise.

Mon

PS Just replying to Monsta, I'm not trying to turn this into Mini V MINI stuff. If you want a Mini V MINI discussion about L to B, then come over to MiniClassic and start one in the Mini V MINI section...:)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I have to agree with Mon there (thanks for responding BTW) I'm planning on going anyway (I have been every year since 1997 - Mini or no mini) but just not taking part.

Be warned though, you can't get anywhere in Brighton once they start turning up. Get there very early and find a good spot to park, then head off into town until lunchtime when Madeira Drive will be bumper to bumper mini!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts