MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed a deposit to one of the San Francisco Bay Area dealerships for 2018 countryman PHEV in July and haven't received any Production number or VIN from them.
Got a call from the dealership last week and was told the longer lead time than 8 to 10 weeks because of many orders of this PHEV.
Is this normal? Anyone has the same situation?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Yup, normal, production delays, popular demand, shipping availability, a club member just purchased a Mini Seven and had a delay but didn't stress about it. Happy as now and driving it on club runs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When we ordered our Countryman Cooper S we were told that there were long delays for the PHEV (we're in the UK)
We were given a seven/eight week delivery time for our own petrol version

·
Registered
406 Posts
I test drove a PHEV recently. The MINI sales rep said a business customer had bought a significant supply in the UK, meaning their would be long wait times for UK orders placed now. How true this is I don't know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The order for my PHEV was eventually placed in mid-August and I?ve been given a delivery date of 23 November. This coincides with the expiry of my current company car lease so can?t tell if I could have had it earlier but I didn?t think it was too long a wait.

I?ve specced it up fairly well so not just one they would have knocking around in stock.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
You should get a 2018 model, as the PHEV gets those upgrades from November.
the best upgrade anyone could have is a solar panel to charge it for free lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Given up dealing with lease company and just speak directly to the dealer for any updates. Build week 46 and delivery week 49 now. Not going to grumble as I’m just being impatient.

Gives me time to work out which charging networks I’m going to sign up to though - it’s a bloody mess here in the UK by he looks of it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had my (not so little) one delivered yesterday, all present and correct with the new upgrades as shown on the pics.

Got if filthy already haha.
I am thinking of changing my Yeti for a PHEV next year. Have you managed to work out how much a charge at home is costing you yet ?

Thanks
Richard

·
Registered
406 Posts
Choosing a Countryman PHEV is an expensive way of saving a few quid in fuel. They are very expensive in a good specification.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Choosing a Countryman PHEV is an expensive way of saving a few quid in fuel. They are very expensive in a good specification.
I am not really looking for fuel savings, a 1.5 petrol Mini gives better ecomomy than my Yeti. So if I never use the electirc, I think I will still be bettter off.

On the scheme I currently use the Yeti costs me £300 pm. A petrol 1.5 Mini in the same spec as the PHEV I am thinking about will cost me £420, becuase of the company car tax a PHEV will cost me £310

·
Registered
406 Posts
On the scheme I currently use the Yeti costs me £300 pm. A petrol 1.5 Mini in the same spec as the PHEV I am thinking about will cost me £420, becuase of the company car tax a PHEV will cost me £310
In your use case that makes sense then. What spec are you considering?

·
Registered
1 Posts
JCW Chilli pack + a couple of extras.
I'm waiting for a Phev - ordered at the end of October - dealer says its been built and I should have it delivered to me by end of January. In response to the previous posts - what upgrades are there in 2018? Mine's UK spec - got the Chille pack - Island Blue with black wheels and black roof. Mine is a company leased vehicle with good savings in BIK over a similar priced diesel. Im expecting £.80 to £0.90 a charge.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I signed my order in November, expecting delivery early/ mid- April. I have a huge spec on mine taking the price up to £39750.......... still 50% of the price of the Range Rover Sport PHEV I was going for! And apart from a full leather interior in the Sport being standard Mini is bettervspecced as standard....

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife got a phone call from our dealer, Knights North Staffordshire, on Wednesday - apparently various part codes for the upgrades have changed, and everyone (?) has lost their build slot and had to be put back in again. So a hopeful delivery late March has become early May. Gutted! I don't know whether this is PHEV-specific or all "Countrymen"

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife got a phone call from our dealer, Knights North Staffordshire, on Wednesday - apparently various part codes for the upgrades have changed, and everyone (?) has lost their build slot and had to be put back in again. So a hopeful delivery late March has become early May. Gutted! I don't know whether this is PHEV-specific or all "Countrymen"

Delays are frustrating for sure, but you will be getting the MY2019 (manufacturing from 03/18)with mini connected updated.
In my case I ordered on November’s 1st 2017. My SE probably went in production today 28/2 and will be delivered end of March. Unfortunately it will be MY2018 ::frown::
I wish I could change it to March production so i can get the updated mini connected...:crying:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
14 Participants
leaky5
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing