MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys firstly is most of the forum members in the UK?
I'm looking a dooper for the wife 2007-2013 model and has to have the following requirements....
1)White/cream black roof and mirrors
2)Either half cream leather or full black leather interior
3) 3 spoke steering wheel
4) 17" flame alloys
5) below 85,000 miles
Anyone got one for sale? Want to spend 5-6k please let me know what u got thanks

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Hi big G and welcome along, this forum is filled with a good mixture of nationalities. With your budget you'll probably be limited to between a 2007- 2009 model with around 70k+ on the clock. You shouldn't have any problem finding a Pepper White/ Black Mini as they are pretty popular however the interior and wheel combination may not be so easy as each mini is made to order. Most Gen 2 minis have 3 spoke steering wheels but there are the odd poverty spec 2 spoke wheels out there.

Good luck in your quest!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I would have thought £6k would just about get you a 2007 in the spec you'd like and possibly high mileage (that's why the first buyer bought a diesel). Mini's hold their value very well especially in the desirable colours and leather interiors.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wife is looking to buy a R56 but we cant weigh up the pro and con's or both variants. So models in line are cooper D or cooper petrol (not the S) so firstly I need help answering the following... 1) does the normal petrol coopers suffer from the death rattle? (timing chain faults) 2) if car does have death rattle how much would repair bill be? 3) timing belt interval for diesel? 4) how much to replace the timing belt on diesel? My wife doesn't do big miles perhaps 4 miles a day so we're not worries about the pro and con's in mpg between the 2 variants. Obviously the petrol version is cheaper to buy so it's just the queries above that would very much help our decision. Oh and any other common faults we could look for when viewing? Many thanks in advance

Page 1 of 1

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
4 miles a day isn't an awfy lot and not really ideal for any car as it won't get up to operating temp. It definitely won't be cost effective to buy a diesel in that case and that leaves you with a petrol. If I were you I'd now be looking at buying a late R50 as it has a much better and more reliable engine in my opinion. Plus with the budget you have stated you will get a very good example and it will leave you with some spare cash to do some wheel upgrades etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts