MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MiniMan
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2003 MCS and may go for an 07 when my lease is up. Does anyone have any thoughts on how much the MCS may change between now and then?

Could we be seeing such advancements as 200 HP, 4 door, AWD, etc.

Just wondering what the word is on the street for the MCS down the road (No pun intended). :eb:

Your thoughts are appreciated. :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
as much as I know is that the model is supposed to change by 2007. As for what exact changes will be implemented is much harder to speculate on. If you are looking for information though it would be best to search the future variants section on MINI2 since that section is made for discussing such topics. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
mjmedlen said:
Your thoughts are appreciated.
For most of us with 1st Generation cars, I think the key word may become "depreciated" because the new chassis will create a wonderfully distinctive used market.

Used MINIs really don't exist today. It's still possible to buy one and turn it around onto the second buyer with very little, if not positive, depreciation. This situation just won't last.

From the perspective of MINI, so long as they do it well which we should expect, this is all very positive. Old cars will trade to new (continued production) and old cars can be heavily modified and/or migrate into a different price point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts