MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
07 JCW
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Its a 03 with the Chilli pack is there anything major I should look out for, I have heard rumours of airbag issues and gearbox problems...I do intend to get the AA to do a full inspection but it would be nice to have a clue in advance.

Also I have a question..I thought the Chilli pack included 1/2 leather interior this has fully cloth is this right? also I believe the CP also includes a computer but there is no mention of this in the ad what should I look for regarding this?

also just so I know for sure that I am looking for the right things can you tell me what the interior light pack included and the storage compartment pack.

Please help I dont want to go in blind

Thanks

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
no known gearbox problems on the cooper S. there were only issues with coopers.

Airbag lights are a common problem, but the mini is not the only modern car to suffer from this. Its usually a loom problem and only usually efects the passenger side airbag. all the others work. you'll know as soon as you start it, if the airbag light is on then theres a problem some where. Kncok the owner down, but don;t worry too much about it,

Best thing to do to check the chilli status is stick the reg plate of the one your looking at into an insurance quote with directline. That will identify if chilli or not. Failing that speak to your local dealer who will tell you what it should have.

Don;t forget the mini is one of those cars where specs are sometimes not as they should be. There has been a few cars where the owner has specced Chilli but not wanted the leather in the car so has asked to swap with the dealer for cloth seats. in fact there is a guy who posts on here sometimes whose wife is vegetarian and made him swap from the leathers to the cloth..!!!!

·
07 JCW
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats brill thanks, the direct line quote did indeed say Chilli..

id there any quirky mini stuff I should look for, I believe the windows do something when you open and close the door?

also any ideas on what those packs include, I hear that the MCS come with a cooled glove box? could that be the storage compartment pack? and the interior lighting pack, is that lights in the door pockets and footwells??

thanks

·
07 JCW
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will but its black...black cars in escence are cool

in practice they are not....

sooooooo any ideas on the lights n stuff??

please please pretty please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts