MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2017 Cooper S Clubman F54. Did not get the roof rack at purchase and would like to get a bike rack that does not require a roof rack or a trailer hitch. Has anyone found a bike rack that fits this type of car? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does your car have the bike rack prep? (Hint - does it have two, one each side, towing eye holes in the back bumper; is there an electrical socket tucked up under the rear bumper?) If so you can use the MINI bike rack that fits in the towing eye holes - its expensive but works just like a tow hitch rack but with no tow hitch. I think they are made by Thule.

·
All Shiney :)
163 Posts
I have 2017 Cooper S Clubman F54. Did not get the roof rack at purchase and would like to get a bike rack that does not require a roof rack or a trailer hitch. Has anyone found a bike rack that fits this type of car? Thanks in advance.
I had exactly the same issue, I ended up buying the Thule EVO wing bar package from roofbox website and mounted my thule 561 outrider bike holders.

they fit perfectly, rubberised and are an exact fit for the mini clubman!

bought them at Christmas and I've used them twice but last weekend we ordered a new car for my wife so have a almost new set for sale if your interested? as I now need to buy another set!

I also have 2 spare thule 561 outride bike holders up for grabs too..

if you are interested please PM me.

Andy..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The one I have uses tie straps to keep in place. It is a generic one. You need to be fairly careful how you put it on so as not to scratch the paint or have the weight of the bikes bend your sheet metal. But I have had good success with this type of bike carrier for decades. However, the barn doors of your clubman may or may not be an issue. You might have to remove the rack each time you need to open the rear doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
beken
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing