MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am after 05 or 56 for about £11500. ive read lots of threads on your site and the impression i get is there are lots of problems with gearboxes, clutches, engine noises, air con power steering ,ect,ect. MINIS spending to much time back at the dealers.I would like one but they dont seem very reliable.I drive 70 miles round trip to work 6 days a week and need a reliable car . I now drive a 03 tdci focus for 4 years and its never been in the garage. Is it only people with problems write in and many thousends of people are very happy. ANY advice or thoughts would be a great help.

·
Giggity-goo!
2,670 Posts
I had an 04 MCS and now have an 06 GP. Never had any of the problems you listed. The only issue I have had is with the exhaust, but that seems to be exclusive to the GP (and has since been sorted under warranty).

You will not regret getting an R53 MCS.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've just done the same, collecting my S tomorrow. Got an '03 one though, but I'm not too fussed about that. I'd guess most of the problems you listed should've been sorted out under warranty or are rare things to happen.

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
06 S here ... only problem i've ever had is that it makes me want to drive too much. :p

i think you'll find that by 2004 they'd work most of the "new model" kinks out of things :)

and don't forget ... people don't post threads saying "no problems, bored, just posting" ... they tend to post when they have a question to ask or a problem they need diagnosed.

·
MINI2 Rebirth
149 Posts
Only problems on mine were a rattling dashboard that was fixed under warranty. Other than that sweet as a nut. It's a 54 plate with 27k on the clock.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If your going to replace your focus tdci for a mcs your going to notice how much more petrol you will use.

Gearboxes in MINIs are fine after 2004 - as they replaced them with a new kind.

And yea I agree people dont post if they have no problems lol

·
Registered
541 Posts
The MCS didn't have the Midland gearbox I don't think.
I think Midland was the pre-facelift one anyway.
I don't know :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
MCS don't suffer from gearbox problems, MC do
an 05 or 06 MCS is a great car my 02 had a few very minor issues, my 56 plate is perfect

1 - 12 of 12 Posts