MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the latest price/option list from my dealer in the mail today, its dated 7/1/04. Looks like a lot of nice stuff coming in Jan. maybe I shoulda waited.

Center Arm Rest
Covienience Package
Auto headlights (I would love this the most out of all of these)
Automatic Tran For Cooper S
Limited Slip Differential - Dunno what this is

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Nothing new in that list, I don't know if it was even leaked before July 1, I think it was unless you have the actual prices from it.

Unfortunately, my guess is auto headlights will be the least easily retrofitted option of the first 3. The center arm rest should just fit in, and the convience package includes auto dim mirror/rain sensing + the garage door opener both plus the auto lights. Both of the 1st 2 are currently available on '05 orders.

Limit slip is explained elsewhere. Suffice it to say, if you're not racing your car, and you don't know what it is is, you probably don't need it, it just prevents wheelspin when pushing your car to its limits.

·
MINI SPONSOR
329 Posts
Auto headlights (I would love this the most out of all of these)

Nothing new in that list

This I know is in the BMW play list, but never heard a peep about this.
Sounds good to me,anytime. :D

·
Naughty Cutty
82 Posts
I believe you can have the DRL (Daytime Running Lights) programmed by the servicing department at your local dealer.

I know you can also have selective central locking (Drivers door unlocked on first press of remote, rest of car next) and Courtesy lights (Follow me home function on headlamps - std now, but was too long ago) and drive away central locking also std now, but programmable on certain aged MINI's!

Hope this helps.

p.s: Centre Armrest will be a God send! Although I've heard nothing definate about Auto Cooper S and LSD...

·
Dances with Kangaroos
39 Posts
Currently I've got a Dec. build date, but I'm considering pushing that back to Jan. '05 just so I can get the armrest from the factory, and possibly change from Cool Blue to Hyper Blue (MCC on order). Pushing back the production date a month just to ensure that the car is exactly what I want as soon as I pick it up from the dealer. ;)

·
Hyper Blue Mini S Cab
48 Posts
do any of you guys know what type of auto gearbox is being fitted as I the cvt is not powerful enough for the S????

·
Registered
324 Posts
cooper_s_dreamer said:
I believe you can have the DRL (Daytime Running Lights) programmed by the servicing department at your local dealer.

I know you can also have selective central locking (Drivers door unlocked on first press of remote, rest of car next) ...... drive away central locking also std now, but programmable on certain aged MINI's!
I already had these functions as standard on my MCS - March 2003 build. This was in Australia though, don't know about anywhere else.

Daytime running lights / auto lights would be pretty good though.

Cheers.

·
Sitting on a park bench..
1,183 Posts
Have read the link over on Motoringfile and other threads, but can't figure out the "auto headlights". They are coupled with the rain sensor, so am I to assume they go on w/ the wipers? Some states (FL for example) have a law "wipers on, headlights on"...so is that what they're for?

Can they be retrofitted to a car w/ the rain sensing wipers only?

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
Aqualung said:
Have read the link over on Motoringfile and other threads, but can't figure out the "auto headlights". They are coupled with the rain sensor, so am I to assume they go on w/ the wipers? Some states (FL for example) have a law "wipers on, headlights on"...so is that what they're for?

Can they be retrofitted to a car w/ the rain sensing wipers only?
Maybe the light sensor is built into the same unit? :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
What Do I DO!!

I've finally sorted out the wedge to get myself a Cooper Conv and a build of mid Dec (Est) but i'm hearing about these changes for 05! does anybody now the list of all changes for 05 and Costs!!

I have 3 weeks off at Xmas and planned to chip of to a friend in Praque as a maiden trip (heated seats of course) Which is whats getting me through work at the moment!

But Are the changes worth me delaying my slot!!

Please help me!
looking forward to becoming a regular here!!

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Welcome to MINI2.

Those are the only changes in options listed for staring January, (and only for the US, I don't think UK ones have been annouced or leaked yet).

Everything else that changed for '05 has already happened, and will be included on any convertible you get. So basically, unless you really want to have one of those items (at who knows what price in the UK) I'd say you'd be fine with a December build, and you'd get to go on your Xmas trip.

·
Dances with Kangaroos
39 Posts
Mini Virgin said:
I
But Are the changes worth me delaying my slot!!
\
LMAO - Welcome, Mini Virgin! I was reading too fast (and the font on my screen is small), and what I read was, "But are the changes worth me delaying my slut!!"

Oddly enough, in my dirty mind, it seemed appropriate enough - some people do treat their Minis like their mistresses. :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
As If!!!

lattehiatus said:
LMAO - Welcome, Mini Virgin! I was reading too fast (and the font on my screen is small), and what I read was, "But are the changes worth me delaying my slut!!"

Oddly enough, in my dirty mind, it seemed appropriate enough - some people do treat their Minis like their mistresses. :p
Delay my Slut!! never!!! she's agreed to lump half the deposit!!

thanks for you help guys!!

look forward to asking lots more annoying questions

Neil

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
Mini Virgin
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing