MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i drive around i hear a loud buzzing coming from under my car every now and then, especially it seems when going in low gear. the dealership said it is a normal sound coming from the CTV(i have an automatic), but it is way to loud to be normal, so i took it back and their looking at it again. the car seems to drive rough in low gear sometimes too. anyone else seen this before?

·
Living in Mini Wasteland
351 Posts
You say low gear, so I assume it is also at low speeds. Are you sure it is not the electric power steering. Power steering sounds more like a whine instead of a buzz.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i'm only guessing ctv cause thats what the dealership originally told me. guess it could be power steering but i don't think so. got a call from the dealership today and they had some pr guy or something look at it and he said to just go and change out the transmission. so we'll see if that does it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so they replaced the tranny and my car still makes the exact same noise. they keep trying to say it is a normal noise but it is way too loud to be normal and i certainly did not hear this noise on the automatic rental they gave me to drive. and to me personally it would seem that if the whole transmission is replaced and a car still has the exact same problem it would mean the tanny wasn't the problem to begin with. but with this being the 3rd time there for this and it being an hour drive away i'm not sure what other options i have other than to just get rid of the car cause it just annoys the living hell out of me every time i drive and have to listen to this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts