MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my MCC yesterday morning. After signing the paperwork and driving back to work in my new MINI, I was feeling buyers remorse. Should I really have paid this money for such a small car? Maybe everybody was right and this is ridiculous.... then last night, my husband and I were in the car (he's so esctatic about the MINI) and we saw the lunar eclipse and it was incredible.. everything.. the weather, the car, the eclipse.... then this morning in traffic, top down, dark, cold, seat warmers going... got to work and the parking deck was empty and I just went round and round.. up and down the ramps... it was awesome.. this car is incredible....don't know why I doubted myself...

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the car...

my key will only put the top into sunroof position, it won't put it down and the manual says it should make the top go all the way down ...

no rattles...

MCC
Cool blue
black top
black & grey leatherette seats
body color interior
all 3 packages
navigation
rain sensing wipers

too kool for words!

:eb: :indi: :eb: :indi:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Using remote to get top down.

It seems that the remote adjusts to how you use it. When I first got the car, it was difficult to get the sunroof open with the remote. After a few days without much success it eventually caught on and is now working like a champ. Yesterday, I was finally able to get the remote to put the top all the way down. Hopefully, that will get easier too.

Here is how I got it to work...

1) Press once, lights flash, drivers door unlocks.
2) Press again, all doors unlock. ( :confused: no feedback)
3) Press again and hold until sunroof is open and windows are down. ( :confused: no feedback)
4) Press again and hold until top is down all the way. ( :confused: no feedback)

For the last 2, you have to hold the buttons for a couple seconds before it starts to do anything. Unfortunately, you just have to trust that it got the signal.

As for the key in the door, I still have not gotten the top to go down all the way. I will let you know if I have any success.

·
Registered
401 Posts
pictures!

Come on post some pictures! By the way I was reading the owner manual in PDF format and it said "Avoid opening the sunroof/top when the car is off to save power." So why are they saying that if they gave us a feature to open it when your not even in the car.

Howard

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
top down w/key

Okay, ChicagoGator, you are right, it did take the top down on the 4th press... I know I shouldn't do that but it is a fun novelty to show off the first few days!! One thing is that my key does not lock the doors, only unlocks and opens the roof... should it lock them?? Guess I'll have to take it back to the dealership to get reprogrammed.... I'll also check the other key...

I will take pictures today.. I might go down in the parking deck and do it at work... besides I can't concentrate w/the car sitting downstairs!

·
Registered
400 Posts
addsy77 said:
I will take pictures today.. I might go down in the parking deck and do it at work... besides I can't concentrate w/the car sitting downstairs!
If your going to take some piccies of your car then you can always add them to the link 'Post Your MINI Convertible PIctures Here' as it would be nice to get everyone's on there so anyone can go and check out all the different colours and specs of Convertible.

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
howardpm said:
Come on post some pictures! By the way I was reading the owner manual in PDF format and it said "Avoid opening the sunroof/top when the car is off to save power." So why are they saying that if they gave us a feature to open it when your not even in the car.

Howard
Does the remote run the top up as well? Mayhaps the option is best used to raise the top after you're out of the car - for instance if you got out with the top down, then decide that you really should leave it with the top up?

Peter..in Denver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts