MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Joy!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you peeps might have seen my thread with regards to 'New York or New Part'. Having decided on skipping the trip to New York, I was perusing the new issue of GoMINI...allthough not the greatest mag in the world, I saw a little advert, with several pictures of alloy wheels, and allthough not always a massive fan of 'blinging racing alloys', these blew me away.

Anyhow, my choice is a hard one...do i go for the ECU upgrade and Induction Kit, and pay off my credit card?
Or buy 1ks worth of new alloy wheels, sell the old ones and pay half of my credit card off?

·
Mini2 Procrastinator
111 Posts
I noticed those alloys and they are gorgeous! When it comes down to the money, it is always good to clear your debts. Upgrading your ECU if you are not taking the AMD route will void your warranty and so could leave you in trouble??? I would say either wheels or debt. Think to yourself, how long would it take to be able to afford the alloys after paying for your credit card? Couple of months? I'm sure you could wait that long?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Id personally try to pay my credit card off in the next few months and buy the new wheels just in time for summer. They will look great when the sun is out and ure car is all shiny!
Thats wot id do anyway, gud luk wotever option u take! :)

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
matty, get over to revolution in gateshead quays and have a look at the wheels in the flesh!! they are gorgeous!! they have them in 10 spoke, like the pic and also 8 spoke, personaly i prefer the 10 spoke.

balls to the credit card. i've put all the extras for my mini on mine. £2.5k since march!! :eek: aint payin any interest on it so its not really a problem.

i'll be gettin a set of 18's in the near future and cant decide between the force 10's pictured in the 1st post or the flights pictured below.

if you get the force 10's it also help me make up my mind after seein them on a mini :D

Attachments

·
Deserter Zed
2,204 Posts
nads to the credit card!! get the rimes (luk mint!) a stage II superchip, and a piperX Viper, while your at it u may as well get some eibachs for good measure!!!

·
Joy!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
lol...im trying to keep the dollar being spent on either to a minimum...gradual upgrades u see!

Shall do fizzle m8...ill go and see em in person, that could throw me.

Cheers for the replys...still no further forward on what i'd prefer to get. Keep em coming.

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
2013 R55 Bond Street
1,072 Posts
Get the wheels, they look special :cool:

Have a good look around at your choice of tyres, those wheels curve out quite a lot by the look of it, so get a set of tyres with a thicker wall. It will help to protect the rim from the kerb.

·
Joy!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, cheers. Thats 100quid less than from KEI's main base here...hehe, allthough the ones i was quoted were fitted with toyo tyres, rather than budget...but hey? I'd have to invest in some of that mini infatable puncture stuff if i got rid of my runflats...surely?

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
you would need some of that foamy stuff for the tyres, but someone once told me that once you use this in ordinary tyres they cannot be repaired again eg punctures etc :eek: :confused: :confused: any truth in this ?

BTW, those Viper stripes are very :cool: :cool: it must turn lots of heads :D :D

·
Joy!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not sure on the case of once used, you cant use it again.

Yer i love my vipers, thanks for the comment...they look quite mean :) and thankfully they were fitted well, compared to some ive seen. As for turning heads, yer they do...just wish they'd turn more :D

·
Joy!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
right...after much deliberating (is that the right word?) I have decided what to do. Although the majority vote tends to go for 'sod the credit card..get the alloys...hehe' Im gonna go for the ECU and induction kit, whalen shift machine (note this has been added...thier lovely) and pay off the credit card. The alloys will wait till Uni is finished and I can work full time during the summer...enough time to save and enjoy not being in debt :D

Sounds like a plan.

Cheers for the help...or confusion. :p

·
Deserter Zed
2,204 Posts
MaTTy_P said:
right...after much deliberating (is that the right word?) I have decided what to do. Although the majority vote tends to go for 'sod the credit card..get the alloys...hehe' Im gonna go for the ECU and induction kit, whalen shift machine (note this has been added...thier lovely) and pay off the credit card. The alloys will wait till Uni is finished and I can work full time during the summer...enough time to save and enjoy not being in debt :D

Sounds like a plan.

Cheers for the help...or confusion. :p
what ECU mod are you planning on?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts