MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought used 2007 s r56 and got P3091 code so replaced high pressure fuel pump. Did not fix problem. Cleaned filter in fuel tank. Now no fuel pressure at HPFP.
I may need a LPFP??? Looks like a challenge to replace.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
above link complete unit as bmw want people to buy as a unit this is the easy way
below pump replacement takes a bit of stress but does work
its very strange how so many people blame the high pressure pump before replacing the cheap pump in tank, ie £28 for a pump a hour labour and these tend to wear out around 80k on all cars and they pretty much use same pumps,, and the bit of info people dont realise when the in tank pump reduces fuel feed to high pressure pump it hurt that pump as well,, hence why get stories of rubbish prince engine had 3 pumps etc and sold it,, when all they needed to do was some preventative repair ie change that in tank pump around 60k would be my target,

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
i do it all time on all kinds of brands of cars so far being armed with jb weld link below, might be needed for pipe ends as hard plastic and sometimes dont want to go back on tight enough to seal them tiny amount on inner edges will sort this, remember to do this job when tank is nearly empty,, also mark the top of sender and tank at same point before removing it as its possible to get it back in wrong place then the gauge will show half a tank when it empty or full tank when it half empty etc, like said i have done hundreds of them and all turned out well at end of it,, also the aftermarket pumps seem to be better made heavy duty and at £25 a pop its cheap fix.
also a sender unit removal tool like below, measure yours before ordering it as do different sizes.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Mike, Thanks for your comments. Have you seen any info on replacing the fuel pump in the tank?
Larry

and some good videos on YouTube specific to the pump replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts