MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm soon to lower my MO on eibachs and i'm wondering if anyone else out there has encountered problems with arch rubbing etc with their eibach-lowered MO.... i've got 17" r90s if anyone's interested. Also, how much do eibach's lower a MO with standard suspension? some places say 20nmm but miniSpeed says "..up to 40mm" - whats the real figure?

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
I have the AC springs which I believe are just re-badged Eibachs and I believe they are about a 30mm drop but have the Cooper S Sports suspension+..... Anyway, I have 18" wheels (without steering limiter) and have never had any running of any kind!

Jones! :D

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats this steering limiter?

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
Oh its a small piece of kit that comes with the jcw wheels to limit the steering to prevent any rubbing etc.

·
Deserter Zed
2,204 Posts
my MO is lowers on aftermarket 18's and eibachs (see gallery) no steering limiter (u only need it if you have the JCW wheels with the stupid offset) and i got no rubbing or nothing

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
mgemie, I am also soon to get Eibachs, so I've read a bit about them. The drop is 20mm. I believe there is some confusion because they used to drop the MINI by 30mm, but not anymore. It's unlikely you'll experience rubbing, but you *may* get a slight scrape from the bits of plastic under the front bumper. I can't really describe them, so if you have no idea what I'm talking about, have a look under the front bumper! :p

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sebby* mgemie, I am also soon to get Eibachs, so I've read a bit about them. The drop is 20mm. I believe there is some confusion because they used to drop the MINI by 30mm, but not anymore. It's unlikely you'll experience rubbing, but you *may* get a slight scrape from the bits of plastic under the front bumper. I can't really describe them, so if you have no idea what I'm talking about, have a look under the front bumper!

yeah, those funny lips at the edge of the front bumper...i'm expecting them to get scraped esp. when i drive across speed bumps...i just hope my neons aren't affected lol. My eibachs should be delivered tomorrow sometime...i'll be sitting in the office all day desperate to get home lol

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
mgemie said:
yeah, those funny lips at the edge of the front bumper...i'm expecting them to get scraped esp. when i drive across speed bumps...i just hope my neons aren't affected lol. My eibachs should be delivered tomorrow sometime...i'll be sitting in the office all day desperate to get home lol
:p

Where and when are you having them fitted? I'll be interested to hear all about them and see some pics! :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
MyWiniCooper,
Apparently excessive lowering (whatever that is) can affect the performance of the DSC according to the blurb given out by JCW describing their new sport suspension (which has only a 10 mm drop)......don't know why though, but I'm sure JCW are not telling porkies.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Point taken Max, but it's only 20mm luckily... :)

·
Don Vito
17,160 Posts
Eibachs are the way forward :)

I had a set on CoopRaNite and she handled like a dream, I guess a few more rattles with the build quality but i just turned the stereo up and drove her like she was kidnapped ;)

Still have them sitting in the garage if anyone is interested then PM me with an offer

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Speedd said:
Still have them sitting in the garage if anyone is interested then PM me with an offer
How many miles are on them? And how much are you looking for?

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sebby* said:
:p

Where and when are you having them fitted? I'll be interested to hear all about them and see some pics! :D
ma eibachs came this morning in da post - as a result i sat at work all day waiting to go home :D :D not sure who am gonna get to fit them...probably someone round where i live but depends since i'm too busy worrying about someone else touchin ma motor lol

i'll be posting pics when its done...am due to have it colour -coded and a new 'xhuast fitted but that'll prob have to wait till '05 now..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts