MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 52 plate with 18 inch alloys what is best for lowering and enough to be comfotable
want just enough to look right.:hmph:

·
Registered
460 Posts
in an ideal world coilovers are the best solution as im guessing your going for looks more than track day set up if you want coils KW v1 are your best bet spring wise its hard to go wrong with eibach etc i sell the m7 springs which offer a 35mm drop which could be a bit much for 18's it all depends on how low you want to got anything lower than 35 and your going to be rubbing the arches with passengers in the back

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
with 18's lowering springs are fine. It is harder of course but it doesnt ruin the ride IMO.

I have eibach springs and gave a good drop of about 35mm but im now going to be on coilovers to really go low.

It is all about what you do with the car, would you track it? for looks and slightly better handling?

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
I've got mine lowered on eibach springs which is around 30mm drop! i haven't found much difference with the ride personally I think its improved the handle as it does skip over the road after going over a bump!

IMO the springs are suitable for everyday use!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mcs lowering.

many thanks for replies about lowering,
want car to look right not for track days, just concerned about rubbing or catching arches.

hace seen post about 15mm lowering but cannot find springs to suit.

will post new he ha pics ...

many thanks.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts