MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I drive a Cooper, which has standerd springs, no chilli pack sports suspension, one of my first mods I want to do is lower it before I change the horrible basic 15's I have, I don't want to go down the coilovers route, I want to stick to springs, so have been looking at the Eibach springs, which are £120 of ESP, which are suppose to lower by 30mm

So just wanted to hear members experiences of them, I had them on my old MK6 fiesta and thought they were a brilliant set of springs, mainly as they lowered the car without making the ride quality much harsher, and any members pics would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance for any replies

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got mine mounted on friday. Ride is a bit more harsh, but more than acceptable. The horrible wheelarch space has now been minimised and as soon as I have taken some pictures I'll post them.

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
There might be a Group Buy coming up with Eibach springs, so keep an eye out ;)

Eibach is one of the most popular makes of springs to go for. No matter which lowering springs you go for, it will make the ride a bit harsher, but you can counteract that with the wheels (the lighter the better) and tyres (non runflats are less harsh) you choose :)

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
I'm thinking of getting some 25mm Eibach springs for my cooper - as I dont want the car to look too low - just enough to get rid of the arch space!

And i agree with you - the standard 15"s are terrable...so im going for some 19"s lol.

I know someone with the 30mm springs, and yes the ride is a little harsher but more that comforable.

·
Confused By Certain Users
9,613 Posts
I'm thinking of getting some 25mm Eibach springs for my cooper - as I dont want the car to look too low - just enough to get rid of the arch space!

And i agree with you - the standard 15"s are terrable...so im going for some 19"s lol.

I know someone with the 30mm springs, and yes the ride is a little harsher but more that comforable.
19" wheels :aargh: I didn't even think they fitted on the MINI.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
yea they will - easy. Wheel Mania wanted me to have a 20", and recon could fit a 22" on. However, 20" is abit too big for me, and 19" will be spot on :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
The riding quality is very very good, don't harsh at all...

I'm from Thailand, which the road is very bad and bumpy everywhere...

It's fimer and not hard to use in everyday drive

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my car, Eibach with 16"
Hello, do you have the springs with the factory shock absorver?

If so, did it lost sensibility in the small bumps, because i've had some reviews that say so, because the dumpers work with a shorter range and might loose the initial sensibility.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards
MI

1 - 10 of 10 Posts