MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm a newbie with a MCS on order (won't be here until February - anyone know if I can get the LSD added?)

How much - roughly - should the Works kit cost including fitting?

One local dealership says ~£3700 - which doesn't seem too bad.

The other dealership says ~£5500 - which is seriously silly.

Both of these are just the engine/exhaust mods - not the wheels/seats etc.

:confused:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Parts - £2999.
Labour - 10 hours at the going rate. I can't imagine that's more than £125ph anywhere in the UK so no more than £1250 in total.

That makes £4249 the absolute maximum final fitted amount.

JCW quote an inclusive price (and their hourly rate is £70.50), but dealers sometimes do a deal. When I had mine fitted the dealer was promoting the kit and undercut JCW.

If your dealer will do it for £3700 that sounds pretty good. I can't believe that £5500 is right as that makes the hourly rate £250!

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Mike Edwards said:
The other dealership says ~£5500 - which is seriously silly.

Both of these are just the engine/exhaust mods - not the wheels/seats etc.

:confused:
£5500 :eek:

The kit costs £2999 in vat - that makes £1501 for fitting.

I know the kit has changed slighty but it only takes an extra hour to fit. I paid £3500 in total, £500 fitting.

G

·
we ordered our S yesterday, and they said it will be ready February. It will have the LSD. They told us that any car started January onwards would have it. Maybe it will be started slightly earlier than ours? It'll cost you £100 extra on your chilli pack, but if you really want it might be worth asking them to delay your build be a week or so! You might have to pay the extra £25 for metallic paint as that has gone up too.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car is due 10th Feb so will apparently come with LSD - which is nice.

It seems that the dealership tries to actively "dissuade" anyone who doesn't sound like an easy sale. After ignoring me until I asked for a test drive (Mini UK did "have a word" with their Sales Manager after that one though) they're now talking test-drives in the Works MCS and how they could "do a deal" on the Works kit.

This from the dealership that quoted £5500 to supply and fit (making their hourly rate a snip at £250.... :eek:)

For the record the sales person does really try to be helpful, but the supporting BMW Dealership doesn't seem to be helping her meet her targets...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.