MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

Has any one else noted that to get lumbar support you must upgrade you upholstery.
Eg
On a Cooper S with the markets that get half leather it does not state that you get lumbar. But the full leather option states INC lumbar. Does this mean you must up spec to get the lumbar?

When you buy a Cooper the standard is cloth with no lumbar however if you upgrade to half leather or full leather you get lumbar.

Why is this so, in the cooper model with half leather you get lumbar but a half leather in the S model does not get lumbar. This make for a EXPENSIVE lumbar support.

Is this a marketing game to get more money from us?
I hope I am wrong,,, Any ideas guys

Snoopy

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
At least you get cloth / leather seats ... they're not offered in the US :mad:

I can't answer your question, but can say that I sat in leather seats with lumbar support at an auto show and found the bulge uncomfortable ... though the lumbar support may not have been adjusted properly :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have these seats and find them uncomfortable.My dealer has various new parts of the seat on back order to try to improve the lumber support position. Other coopers i have driven with the same seat i have found to be really comfortable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts