MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the latest EVO mag, M division at BMW are testing an M Cooper 's', with a reputable 220bhp from the 'S' engine, plus more revised parts, if given the go ahead, see it around in 2003!
 

·
Bring the noise
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
I think that if a higher perfomance MINI is produced it shouldn't be named M or anything relating to BMW. They have gone to great lengths to create a new brand and to call it an M, well they may as well but a BMW badge on the front too.
Not too fussed about 200 bhp+ cars, 115 is enough for me thanks.
Besides I don't wanna have a car that features in an ad for 'Tracker' !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
Each to their own smartbomb :)

Do you feel the same wasy about the Alpina MINI ?.

As far as I'm concerned, Bring it on....... and the car is a BMW. Undeniable......

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Basil said:

As far as I'm concerned, Bring it on....... and the car is a BMW. Undeniable......
I agree 100%. I have dreamed of BMW creating and tagging an M version. Yahoo!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
doug said:


I agree 100%. I have dreamed of BMW creating and tagging an M version. Yahoo!!!
doug, just looking at your signature.......

They WILL be coming to Australia, so no doubt the USA will get them too......... Can't wait.

Keep us happy whilst we wait to trade up to an Alpina or //MPower version........

Woo Hoooo.........Bring it on

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I hope the M version comes out, I'd add that to my dream car list. Just make sure it has the BMW SMG Gearbox and comes in BRG. How about Juan Montoya, he has a Mini that will be even quicker than the M, a 180kw Mini Works. I'd like to know how it will handle being FWD and all.
 

·
Test thread infiltrator
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
Christopher said:
How about Juan Montoya, he has a Mini that will be even quicker than the M, a 180kw Mini Works. I'd like to know how it will handle being FWD and all.
Got any more info on this? How much is 180kw in hp terms?

Dom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
If the MINI is an BMW - does that mean that a Jaguar is nothing but a Ford then?

To me the MINI is just a marque that's owned and developed by BMW.... 'much like Ferrari is owned by FIAT. (even says FIAT on the nose of Schumi's car :)

As for M versions or Alpina editions - 'couldnt care less...
Having seen what some of them have managed to come up with so far (say that awful version Schnitzler's made) I'm far from impressed.

The MINI is a MINI - not a ******* Beemer - IMHO. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
ADO15 said:
If the MINI is an BMW - does that mean that a Jaguar is nothing but a Ford then?

To me the MINI is just a marque that's owned and developed by BMW.... 'much like Ferrari is owned by FIAT. (even says FIAT on the nose of Schumi's car :)

As for M versions or Alpina editions - 'couldnt care less...
Having seen what some of them have managed to come up with so far (say that awful version Schnitzler's made) I'm far from impressed.

The MINI is a MINI - not a ******* Beemer - IMHO. ;)
he he he.......feel better now AD015 ?

The photo's kicking around of the Alpina don't do much for me either...But an MPower MINI, I would like to see. Only ONE colour for that little baby I reckon......:)
 

·
MINI2 Crash Test Driver
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
M Mini! Woohoo! Bring it on. That'll probably come out in a few years time, once I'm through Uni, got a good job and in search for a replacement for my then ageing (but still fantastic) Cooper!

I hope they call it an M Cooper as well, and put some BMW labels on the engine, cos as far as I'm concerned, its a Beemer and I am one happy duckling for driving (almost!) a BMW at my age!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Whats so good a bout a Beemer then?
90% of those who drive 'em driver like idiots and should never - in a perfect world - have planted their foot within a mile of a car - IMHO. :)


(905 what Basil? :D)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
ADO15 said:
Whats so good a bout a Beemer then?
905 of those who drive 'em driver like idiots and should never - in a perfect world - have planted their foot within a mile of a car - IMHO. :)
Hmmmm..........I take it that should have read 90%. As 905 BMW drivers would be like 0.01%

A gross generalisation though, all the same......IMHO

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is not many better balanced cars available than a product from BMW's M div (other than an Alpina).
ADO15, have you ever driven a BMW? If so what was it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
BMW's aren't the driving machines the once were. The M cars are better but, a M3 is still just a Bavarian Sierra with a quick engine, pretty boring in my mind.

Even BMW admit (internally) that the cars are getting too big, too heavy and too soft.


And to answer the question you asked ADO15 for myself, every single one of them from E36 M3 to the new 7er!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top