MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Convertible -here at last
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A word to the wise if you insure with Marks & Spencer. We are changing the Convertible (insured with M&S) for a 5- door. M&S asked if it was a Chilli. Yes. "Oh that is not on our database so we will not insure you." So they are cancelling the cover and leaving me to find a new insurer.
A bit of digging and it seems that while the phase 2 3-door differentiated between a Chilli and a basic, the phase 3 (3 and 5 door) has no differentiation so Chilli does not appear.
Pity M&S didn't know.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
So much for "YOUR M&S" Mini insurance, more like UP YOURS M&S.

Chilli pack is just a few more factory fitted options thats all, its still the same basic car, crackers really.

·
Registered
626 Posts
That's the problem with these supermarket insurers, they are just other insurance products, white labeled for them. If it had been a traditional insurer they would have referred this to an underwriter to get you a price. If it doesn't fall into the bands that the pseudo insurer has available it's a "Computer says no" moment.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Talk to adrian flux. Yes actually talk!! They don't do 'on-line'. Great staff who know exactly what they are talking about with Minis. Just got my cover from them for my new to me Cooper S. My second car so starting with zero NCD.

I'm 66 so tried Saga. On my first car (which I'm keeping) I have 9 years NCD protected 75% discount. Live in village in rural Sussex. Car parked in private car park shared with other peeps. Hardly Billy the Boy Racer!

Their on-line quote system spat me out - sorry no quote. No reason given. I didn't bother to ring them. Toss-bags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
6 Participants
SeanC
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing