MINI Cooper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1428 Posts

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
WIN A WEEKEND BREAK - sign up and enter the draw http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1137263#post1137263

only
days to go!

MINI2'ers - start your engines and get your best DJ and evening dress ready for the first official MINI2 Birthday Party and Charity Ball taking place Saturday February 26th 2005. We've got together for so many runs but never for a big social and this is it, and a chance to raise money for charity too.!

The event will be held at the Moat House Hotel in Northampton. This offers a central UK location so we hope more people will sign up (particularly those who were complaining that Heathrow was too far south :p ). The Moat House offers secured parking parking for all MINI2'ers. You will be able to book rooms at a special rate of £60 a double room including breakfast, see below for how to book your room

We are obviously keen to get as many people signed up for this event as possible so don't delay - get your name on the list! The event will be fin filled with lot's of time to enjoy the festivities including a MINI2 auction. You ma also bring friends along too even if they are not MINI2ers or into MINI as such, the evening will be generic enough that they will enjoy themselves as much as anyone else.

Sponsor's Listing
We are receiving tremendous support from both companies and individuals for this event, a list of sponsors and their generous donations is here, and don't forget if you want to gte oyur hands on these goodies you need to attend the Ball
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79133

Pre-Ball MINI Run

If anyone wants to join the run at lunchtimethen this is the pub we will be lunching at

The Billing Mill Pub
The Causeway
Great Billing
Northampton
Northamptonshire
NN3 9EX

I plan to be there about 12.15 , and we will leave at 1.30.

Blow away the cobwebs before your night of fun begins and join th e the inaugural Northants Nutty Run will - link here to register http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67936

Friday night fun
Some folks are planning to stop over the Friday night as well as the Saturday - want to joni in, then this thread is where it's all at http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76399

Want to make a donation?
If you can't make the event bu twould still like to make a donation then please folllow this link for details
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78797

Additional Fundraising activities - if anyone plans to help raise some extra funds in conjunction with the Ball then please let us know and we'll include links here.
- minisoopercooper is giving up smoking and wants to be sponsored to do it, all funds raised will go towards the Ball total - details here http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73741 Good luck Paul :)

The Organisers
Hotel and Main Event Planners - Bob (Soggy Cornflakes) + Sham (Shamster) + Paul Mullett + goonery ( Stu)
Event Administrator - Dora (DK)
Finance support - Stephen Cy Wong and Neil (Washy)

Regional Co-ordinators
The following people have kindly volunteered their time to co-ordinate regional activity for this event. Please note that if you currently run a club in these areas you are welcome to co-ordinate your area and liaise with the people listed. This list is a rough guide. If you live closer to a different area than that suggested below please let the relevant co-ordinator know. The areas marked TBA are areas where we are currently talking with potential volunteers who have not been able to commit fully as yet. Once the regional co-ordinator system is set up they will be responsible for updating us with details of people who have confirmed their attendance for this event. They will also be responsible for co-ordinating convoys where required. Additionally we may also set up sub-division areas for those that require them.

London and Home Counties - London, Middx, Berks, Bucks, Herts, Essex, Kent, Surrey,
South & Coast E & W Sussex, Hants, Dorset, Wilts - Button It
West Country - Somerset, Avon - minisoopercooper
West Country - Cornwall, Devon - wylie-eyed
North - Merseyside, Gt Manchester, Cheshire, Yorks, Lincs, Humberside, Lancs, Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear/Yorkshire - LorraineH
Scotland - Jules
Ireland - Aiden
South Wales - minisoopercooper
North Wales - TBA
USA/Canada - Ruthie
Rest of the World - Ruthie

Banter thread is here: http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=793792#post793792

Guests of Honour
Paul Mullett - Mr MINI2 :)
John Feltham - Headteacher Woodlands School :)
(Further high profile surprise guests anticipated)

The Place
The Moathouse Hotel Northampton

The Room Cost and How To Book
Ring the MoatHouse on 01604 739988 and ask for the Customer Sales Centre.

Request a room from the "Charity Ball on February 26th allocation"

The room is £60 for a double B&B, £55 single B&B (I'd suggest you share :D) If you want to book more than one night you can do so and use this specail rate for the extra nigths too.

Rooms can be cancelled up to 2.00pm on the day of the event, and you do not make payment until check out.

We currently have 75 rooms block booked at this rate - first come first served so get in quick as they are booking up fast and you will not be guaranteed a room in the Ball hotel otherwise

HOTEL UPDATE

The Moathouse is now FULL If you still need to book a room then you now need to bookminto the Ibis -
Ibis link http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/gb/ibi/3657/fiche_hotel.shtml . The Ibis is directly opposite the Moathouse so transport is not required - it's a 200 yard walk from one to thte other ;)

The Time
Approx 7.30pm till late

Cost Ticket price for the Ball itself will be £35 a head, this does not include the cost of drinks and accomadation.

The Format
This will be an exclusive event with an excellent sit down dinner. There will also be a disco to dance the night away to. Dress will be formal black tie. There will be some fund raising activity during the evening including a charity auction. As this is a non-profit making event the proceeds from the evening will be split evenly between the following 2 good causes:

1. Whizzkids - MINI's official charity
2. Woodlands School in Harrow Weald, Middlesex. (Woodlands is a special needs school for children with mental and physical disabilities. They are desperately in need of a minibus in which to transport children on their outings. My son Ryan is a pupil at this school).

Girls V Boys
It's going to be a fun evening :D http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77151

How to Sign Up
Access to this event will be by entry ticket only. If you wish to join in on MINI2 's inaugural anniversary party please register here initially. Once you have made your booking please let your regional co-ordinator know.

That's it for the moment - keep an eye out for updates.

***** IMPORTANT UPDATE *****

For those of you that have registered please see below, the attached Word file has this in a better format if you wish to print it off. For those of you not yet registed, do so now, and get payment sent asap, you may win the free ticket :eek:

MINI2 Charity Ball – February 26th – Northampton Moathouse

We now need you to send your payment for tickets, menu selection and table plan if there is a particular group of people you wish to sit with.

1) The ticket cost is £35 per head and covers the costs associated with the venue, your meal and disco, it does NOT include your accommodation cost if you are staying overnight, or your drinks for the evening. You are welcome to bring additional friends if you wish, they do not need to be members of MINI2 as we expect the evening will be varied enough to appeal to all.

Please make cheques payable to “MINI2 Charity Fund Account”, if you wish to pay more than £35 you may do so, all additional proceeds will go towards the charity fund.

2) We are pleased to be able to offer a menu selection rather than just a set meal, however to do this you must provide us with your menu choice, if you do not you will receive a selection of our choice. Place names on the evening will include your menu selection in case you’ve forgotten!!
Please make your selection from the menu below:

STARTERS

Chef’s Home Made Tomato & Basil Soup served warm rustic roll
OR
Fan of Melon served with wild berry compote

MAIN COURSES

Oven Baked Supreme of Chicken served with a white wine and mushroom sauce
OR
Roast Leg of Lamb
OR
Roasted Vegetable, Honey and Grain Mustard En-Croute (Vegetarian)

All served with Chef’s selection of seasonal vegetables and potatoes

DESSERTS

Profiteroles served with hot chocolate sauce
OR
Tangy Lemon Tart

Freshly Brewed Coffee & Truffles

3) The room will be arranged with round tables seating 8 people. If you have a particular group or couple or individual you wish to be seated with (and of course they want to sit with you too!) then please let us know NOW. W suggest you liaise with each other first though to ensure you do not exceed the table size. If you do not mind who you are seated with and would rather mingle then do not express any preference and we will select a table for you.

4) We need the FULL name and title (Mr. Mrs. Ms. Miss etc ) of ALL attendees and their MINI2 profile if they have one ………… for example

Soggycornflakes – Mr. Bob Southgate
Guest - Mrs. Jackie Southgate

5) We need a postal address to which we can send your Charity Ball Tickets. These will not be dispatched until later in the New Year so if your address changes in the meantime please contact us with the new details.

Right, check list ………

Cheque?
Signed it?
Menu choices for each person?
List of names on your table?
List of names in your party – MINI2 name and FULL real name
Address?

Put them all in an envelope and send to:

So now you’ve read this go and get the chequebook and get on with it – do it now, do not delay!

Thank you, MINI2 Charity Ball Team

Attachments

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I'll be there! :D

DK ;) :apple:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revised List of MINI2ers who have confirmed their attendance at the Northampton Moat House:

154 Attendees (including 12 from MINI Wollaston)
100 booked into the Moat House
13 booked into the Ibis

Attendee list (n=154):

Abi (Paul Mullet + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Abi + 2, Moat House Ticket Paid
AidenL (DeniseL + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Beastmaster (The Peanut + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Betty (ButtonIt + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Big Dave (MiniMolly + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
blb999&MS b (Ms B + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Bonnie Scotland, Moat House Ticket Paid
Bonnie Scotland + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
bubblegoose_4rh (The Elf + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
ButtonIt (Betty + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
CandH2, Ticket Paid
CandH2 + 1, Ticket Paid
cdn jcw (RicXX + 1), Ibis Ticket Paid
Cheatin Jockey (phantom + 1), Ticket Paid
cook1e, Ibis Ticket Paid
cook1e + 1, Ibis Ticket Paid
DeniseL (AidenL + 1) , Moat House Ticket Paid
depudydorg, Ibis Ticket Paid
DK (Max + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Edna, Ticket Paid
Edna + 1, Ticket Paid
Edna + 2, Ticket Paid
Edna + 3, Ticket Paid
Edna + 4, Ticket Paid
Edna + 5, Ticket Paid
Fabio, Moat House Ticket Paid
fevs (MRS FEVS + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Ginger, Ticket Paid
Harpo, Moat House Ticket Paid
Harpo + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
Hickster (MINISHEL + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Ian Clark, Moat House Ticket Paid
Ian Clark + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
Intrepid, Moat House Ticket Paid
Jaffa Racer, Moat House Ticket Paid
Jaffa Racer + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
JANEY (poppet + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
JANEY + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
JANEY + 2, Moat House Ticket Paid
Jeep-2-mini, Moat House Ticket Paid
Jirawan, Moat House Ticket Paid
Jirawan + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
jlo (Rakey + 1), Moat House Ticket Not Paid
Julz, Moat House Ticket Paid
Julz + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
kidcharlemagne (LorraineH + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
klint, Moat House Ticket Paid
KPKalle, Moat House Ticket Paid
KPKalle + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
LEECE (OnlyS4Me + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Lewis, Moat House Ticket Paid
Lohen, Ticket Paid
Lohen + 1, Ticket Paid
LorraineH (kidcharlemagna + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Max (DK + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
melons, Ibis Ticket Paid
melons + 1, Ibis Ticket Paid
mikeythemini, Moat House Ticket Paid
mikeythemini + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
mingle, Ibis Ticket Paid
mingle + 1, Ibis Ticket Paid
Mini Cruiser, Moat House Ticket Paid
Mini Cruiser + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
Mini Cruiser + 2, Moat House Ticket Paid
MINI_Moocher, Ibis Ticket Paid
MINI_Moocher + 1, Ibis Ticket Paid
minicabrio-uk, Moat House Ticket Paid
MiniMolly (Big Dave + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
MINISHEL (Hickster + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
MINISHEL + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
MINISHEL + 2, Moat House Ticket Paid
minisoopercooper, Moat House Ticket Paid
Mini-Trainer, Moat House Ticket Paid
Minnie Mouse, Moat House Ticket Paid
Minnie Mouse + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
MRS FEVS (fevs + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Ms B (blb999&MS b + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
notts04chillimini, Moat House Ticket Paid
ONED, Moat House Ticket Paid
ONED + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
OnlyS4Me (LEECE + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Paul Mullett, Moat House Ticket Paid
Paul Mullett + 2, Ticket Paid
Paul Mullett + 3, Ticket Paid
Paul Mullett + 4, Ticket Paid
Paul Mullett + 5, Ticket Paid
Peachiz (Steeljacket + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
phantom (Cheatin Jockey + 1), Ticket Paid
Pobsey, Moat House Ticket Paid
Pobsey + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
poppet (JANEY + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Rakey (jlo + 1), Moat House Ticket Not Paid
randap , Moat House Ticket Paid
randap + 1 , Moat House Ticket Paid
Rich_IX, Moat House Ticket Paid
RicXX (cdn jcw + 1), Ibis Ticket Paid
RVW , Moat House Ticket Paid
RVW + 1 , Moat House Ticket Paid
scooby212, Moat House Ticket Paid
scooperman_uk, Moat House Ticket Paid
scooperman_uk + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
Sebby, Moat House Ticket Paid
Sebby + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
shamster , Moat House Ticket Paid
shamster + 1 , Moat House Ticket Paid
shamster + 2, Ticket Paid
shamster + 3, Ticket Paid
shamster + 4, Ticket Paid
shamster + 5, Ticket Paid
shamster + 6, Ticket Paid
shamster + 7, Ticket Paid
shamster + 8, Ticket Paid
shamster + 9, Ticket Paid
Simon James, Moat House Ticket Paid
Simon James + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
Skinnyrunt , Ticket Paid
skippy (stu2 + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
snowbabe, Moat House Ticket Paid
snowbabe + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
Soggycornflakes , Moat House Ticket Paid
Soggycornflakes + 1 , Moat House Ticket Paid
SoggyCornFlakes + 2, Ticket Paid
SoggyCornFlakes + 3, Ticket Paid
Speedd, Moat House Ticket Paid
Speedd + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
Speedd + 2, Ibis Ticket Paid
Steeljacket (Peachiz + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Steffers, Moat House Ticket Paid
Steffers + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
stephen_cy_wong , Moat House Ticket Paid
stephen_cy_wong + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
stu2 (skippy + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
stuvoi, Ticket Paid
stuvoi + 1, Ticket Paid
surfnirvana, Moat House Ticket Paid
surfnirvana + 1, Moat House Ticket Paid
The Elf (bubblegoose_4rh + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
The Peanut (Beastmaster + 1), Moat House Ticket Paid
Trainman, Moat House Ticket Paid
Vicki2, Ibis Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2), Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 1, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 10, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 11, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 2, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 3, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 4, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 5, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 6, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 7, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 8, Ticket Paid
Wollaston MINI (non-MINI2) + 9, Ticket Paid
wylie_eyed, Ticket Paid

We have yet to hear from the following peeps, and shall assume they are no longer interested in attending this event as of Fri 18 Feb 2005! :rolleyes:

Never Too Late
Never Too Late + 1
ricardo
ricardo + 1

Come on peeps!!!

:D

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
sounds fantastic, well done guys. count me & mrs hat in for this (email sent to appleweb)

......scurries off to look at the price of return flights from leeds to heathrow - hey you've got to do it in style right? :D

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
I very much doubt I'll be able to make this one.
I'm going to take my winter holiday earlier next year and that means February, so I'm going to have to sit this one out :(

I will however donate the equivalent cost of the hotel room and the buffet to the charities :)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Peeps,

I promise you I shall keep the list up to date, however, it is not possible for me to access MINI2 as soon as new posts appear in this thread. So please be patient - your name will appear on the list in my first post eventually :)

Thanks in advance for your understanding :)

DK :) :apple:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've already sent my email but to make it 'official' me and the Mrs will be there - I'll just have to talk her round to mixing with a bunch of what she calls "car people" !

Me = Neil
Mrs = Jessica

1 - 20 of 1428 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.