MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 270 Posts

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm going to book tables for 30 people at Red Hot for 8.30 which will allow for others to still join in - and if we turn up with more i'm suire they'll not say no ;)

You guys need to sort your own taxi out from the hotel though, ask for an 8.15 departure - have a word when you arrive with reception and they will co-ordinate it for you , that way you know exactly how many people are there on the night and when you're ready to leave :D If you want to arrive early at Red Hot that wont be a problem as they have a bar area too ;)

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
I'm landing Wednesday in London, and against all common sense, will be staying will Yap Yap till Friday. Then hitching a ride with Minicabrio to the hotel Friday night. As for booking a room, I'm working on that.
Well if you wanted to stay at mine on the Friday then travel up with me on the Saturday thats another option to consider;)

·
pink miniac
133 Posts
Room booked, and apparently I have tons of extra space. If anyone else needs a spot, I've got a spare bed and fold-out.
I need a room for the Saturday night. Let me know if you still want someone to share with.... or let me know if you were hoping it would be a cute guy that would respond to your post :p

Saturday morning at 9am I have a tour at Plant Oxford scheduled so I won't be able to attend the Friday night dinner!

·
pink miniac
133 Posts
The hotel is a bit isolated and there are no eateries in easy walking distance.
When you say a bit isolated, how far are we talking? I'm hoping on catching a train or something down from the Oxford area I believe and since it's my first time in the UK, I'll be kinda lost......! Unless someone else is coming from that area in the day and would like to offer me a ride :smile:

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
When you say a bit isolated, how far are we talking? I'm hoping on catching a train or something down from the Oxford area I believe and since it's my first time in the UK, I'll be kinda lost......! Unless someone else is coming from that area in the day and would like to offer me a ride :smile:

Not sure the train does Oxford to Northampton without having to go a silly route :eek:

just checked on thetrainline.com and you'd need to bus to Milton Keynes and then train up from there to Northampton. You'd be better off just getting a bus across directly from Oxford to northampton.

Ideally anyone travelling up from Oxford way on the Saturday who can collect you ??

If you end up on public transport it's a taxi ride to the hotel from the station - I'll be on the run during the day but you may find someone else is at the hotel who can come down and collect you :)

41 - 60 of 270 Posts
About this Discussion
269 Replies
31 Participants
Speedd
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing