MINI Cooper Forum banner

61 - 80 of 270 Posts

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
When you say a bit isolated, how far are we talking? I'm hoping on catching a train or something down from the Oxford area I believe and since it's my first time in the UK, I'll be kinda lost......! Unless someone else is coming from that area in the day and would like to offer me a ride :smile:
what time does your tour end?

Might help us to find you a lift up there:)

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
i think soggy needs a bit more authority - like Gerard: "you, you & you - take these people to the airport, NOW!" :eek: :p

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
<-------- FBI to the rescue. :eek: :D

Christina - I'll get you over to the hotel on Saturday. Let me know when you need to be picked up. I know what it's like trying to use public transport ina country you're not familiar with. Was stuck at a train station in Boston for 30 minutes wondering where i could find a member of staff to ask :rolleyes: :p

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts

Christina - I'll get you over to the hotel on Saturday. Let me know when you need to be picked up. I know what it's like trying to use public transport ina country you're not familiar with. Was stuck at a train station in Boston for 30 minutes wondering where i could find a member of staff to ask :rolleyes: :p
Was asking about the time, as I could via Oxford possibly and save you a trip;)

·
pink miniac
133 Posts
Was asking about the time, as I could via Oxford possibly and save you a trip;)
My friend booked it and he said it was for around 9am in the morning. I was reading about Plant Oxford tours online and I heard that they only operate M-F during the week and not weekends? If this is true, perhaps the date is wrong. I do know that my friend sent an email on a short notice (they usually ask for a few month's notice before tours apparently) and said that it was the Southern Ontario MINI club that was coming and then they apparently squeezed us in. I have just sent a PM to my friend to confirm the time and I'll let you know as soon as I know :)

what time does your tour end?

Might help us to find you a lift up there:)
Thank you so much for your generous offers!! I will figure out my final schedule for the day and let you know! Thanks so much as I have spent the past 48 hours online trying to figure out how I'm going to work this whole transportation part of my trip (not just to the ball) and I can use any help I can get. I'll even pay you for the gas. I posted a thread in the UK Discussion titled "Lilcoopr's Eurotrip" so I don't keep taking this one offtopic - sorry :redface:!!

As well: Bob, thanks for posting the link to "thetrainline.com". It has been very helpful! Now, at 6:30am, I'm off to bed. Trip-planning is exhausting sometimes but I'm so excited that I turned my "one week in the UK and charity ball" trip into a 2 month thing including MINI United!

·
Totally Mad!
9,105 Posts
My friend booked it and he said it was for around 9am in the morning. I was reading about Plant Oxford tours online and I heard that they only operate M-F during the week and not weekends?
Hi Christina, they do do tours on Saturdays as they offered us a Saturday morning as one of our options, we went for a Tuesday night in the end :)

We went last week and it was fantastic, you'll love it! :D

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
My friend booked it and he said it was for around 9am in the morning. I was reading about Plant Oxford tours online and I heard that they only operate M-F during the week and not weekends? If this is true, perhaps the date is wrong. I do know that my friend sent an email on a short notice (they usually ask for a few month's notice before tours apparently) and said that it was the Southern Ontario MINI club that was coming and then they apparently squeezed us in. I have just sent a PM to my friend to confirm the time and I'll let you know as soon as I know :)

Thank you so much for your generous offers!! I will figure out my final schedule for the day and let you know! Thanks so much as I have spent the past 48 hours online trying to figure out how I'm going to work this whole transportation part of my trip (not just to the ball) and I can use any help I can get. I'll even pay you for the gas. I posted a thread in the UK Discussion titled "Lilcoopr's Eurotrip" so I don't keep taking this one offtopic - sorry :redface:!!

As well: Bob, thanks for posting the link to "thetrainline.com". It has been very helpful! Now, at 6:30am, I'm off to bed. Trip-planning is exhausting sometimes but I'm so excited that I turned my "one week in the UK and charity ball" trip into a 2 month thing including MINI United!
Well just keep us informed, we won't let you struggle to get there, we will sort it out and get you to the ball Cinders;):)

61 - 80 of 270 Posts
About this Discussion
269 Replies
31 Participants
Speedd
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing