MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, OnlyS4me, time to make good the fact that you have defected to the Type-R.

I havn't seen any Cooper-S with a White Roof/ Yellow body work as yet. You did a photoshop job with the Black roof, any chance of one with a white roof/mirrors ?

Thanks........:)

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Basil, does this mean that you're considering Yellow/White 'S'?

My 'S' order is currently Yellow/White, but also leaning to Black/White for a number of reasons.

I thought you were going for Red or Green or Velvet red? VR is coming out apparently.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
BTW

its called Phoenix Yellow :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smiffy said:
Is this the colour you mean :confused: :confused: ;)
Nope, not that one (lovely though it is), the previous model I think. The only yellow MINI picture I have seen on these boards that come close to the correct colour, are the ones Garry posted. Even BMW's own press photo's show the yellow as a canary yellow. I stood next to the first yellow MINI i've seen in the flesh last friday, and it's much paler than I thought it would be, and looked just like the old M3/ 3 series yellow.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thats cos it is exactly the same colour... same yellow as last 3 series colour.

It is a nicely halfway between too pale, like Beetle yellow and too bright, like Leon Cupra/Fiat Punto sporting yellow.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eltel said:
Basil, does this mean that you're considering Yellow/White 'S'?

My 'S' order is currently Yellow/White, but also leaning to Black/White for a number of reasons.

I thought you were going for Red or Green or Velvet red? VR is coming out apparently.
eltel, yes it does. I had changed my mind EVERY day on the colour until I saw "that car" at Brisbane BMW last friday. It looks absolutely fantastic in the flesh. And I still like it after four days. Thats a record, and I'll take it as a sign.

Tempted with VR.....again, I need to see these colours in the flesh, and I doubt if they'll be much chance of that before I have to fill out my build sheet.

:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mellow Yellow

All,

I test drove a yellow / white cooper at the weekend, with 17" alloys. A bit to pale for me, I want one that shouts YYYYEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Black and White + White Wheels and Checkers on the roof is winning a the momment.

I'll try to get to the dealer to get a couple of photos of it for you. Will not be today 'cause weather and light is crap.

Any particular angle prefered?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry

Sorry OnlyS4me,

But the Type R that floats around Chesham, Bucks looks like it got beat with the UGLY stick from a very early age!!!!

Looks like a souped up hi tec VAN.

Give me a S any day.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Your citruSSSSSSSS...

OnlyS4me said:
Here you go, Basil....;)
Thank you very much M. Looks really good in that combo.

And i'm really sorry, but I didn't understand your last post. Could I humbly ask you to re-phrase it. Thanks.

PS. I have to admit, the side view and rear three quarter view of the Type-R looks really really good....... right colour choice for that shape too M.

cheers

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: Re: Your citruSSSSSSSS...

Basil said:
Thank you very much M. Looks really good in that combo.
Is that a different yellow that's on the Cooper, it seems darker. Looks really good, especially with the bonnet stripes and the S Spokes...hum

LMB;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Re: Your citruSSSSSSSS...

LMB said:

Is that a different yellow that's on the Cooper, it seems darker. Looks really good, especially with the bonnet stripes and the S Spokes...hum

LMB;)
I don't think so LMB, just that the yellow always seem's to look like canary yellow in pictures. And canary yellow it most certainly isn't.

It's Tuesday today, and I saw my first yellow Cooper in the flesh last friday, and Yellow/White is still #1 colour preference. A Basil record.

The honda is just too clinical for my current tastes, but I have to admit it's growing on me.

Glad to hear your still keen on the S.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Your citruSSSSSSSS...

Basil said:

I don't think so LMB, just that the yellow always seem's to look like canary yellow in pictures. And canary yellow it most certainly isn't.

It's Tuesday today, and I saw my first yellow Cooper in the flesh last friday, and Yellow/White is still #1 colour preference. A Basil record.

The honda is just too clinical for my current tastes, but I have to admit it's growing on me.

Glad to hear your still keen on the S.

I think Yellow/White is an excellent colour for the S. The car deserves to be noticed and it certainly will be with that colour combo. I found the yellow a bit light for my tastes at first but it is slowly growing on me. Especially as I have yet to have seen that combo on the road yet. So far it is has been Silver, Silver, Silver...and for that reason I am leaning away from Dark Silver. Lets face it the majority of Cooper S's will be this colour.

I would get BRG/White again as the car looks great, but that would be boring. I have to choose something different...so hard to decide. It was easy first time round because I knew I wanted BRG/White.

So far Yellow/White with white Stripe (Black Borders) and a set of S Spokes is looking good. It would just suit the Cooper S to a T.

LMB;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your citruSSSSSSSS...

LMB said:

I think Yellow/White is an excellent colour for the S. The car deserves to be noticed and it certainly will be with that colour combo. I found the yellow a bit light for my tastes at first but it is slowly growing on me. Especially as I have yet to have seen that combo on the road yet. So far it is has been Silver, Silver, Silver...and for that reason I am leaning away from Dark Silver. Lets face it the majority of Cooper S's will be this colour.

I would get BRG/White again as the car looks great, but that would be boring. I have to choose something different...so hard to decide. It was easy first time round because I knew I wanted BRG/White.

So far Yellow/White with white Stripe (Black Borders) and a set of S Spokes is looking good. It would just suit the Cooper S to a T.

LMB;)
Well LMB, Had my first drive of a Cooper with 16" wheels & SS+ today (experience to be posted elsewhere) AND Spec'd my S today after THAT drive.......
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Basil's MINI Cooper S

Build Sheet: 26/02/2002

Liquid (Dakar) Yellow
White Roof/Mirrors
Fogs (Standard)
Sunroof
17" S-spoke Alloys (probably Silver)
Xenon Headlights with Power wash
Climate control Air-Conditioning
Interior Light pack (illuminated Vanities + Map lights)
Factory Remote control Alarm
Multi Function SW + Cruise Control
Oil Pressure + Temperature Gauges
DSC III (Need more information - May spoil the MINI experience)
Panther Black half leather/Cloth Interior.

Delivery: Sept/Oct 2002

Can wait patiently

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Mine....

OnlyS4me said:
BTW, you don't mind putting my colour combo over here too, aren't you Basil?:D
AHHHH......just got it M. No of course not, you post what you like where you like as far as I'm concerned....

And thanks again for that picture.

Varse is correct, that colour is BMW Dakar yellow.....and having seen it.....Im getting it.

:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your citruSSSSSSSS...

LMB said:

LMB;)
I wish the yellow in the flesh looked like the picture. The general consensus has been that the yellow is too pale. I hope MINIUSA has heard us...MAKE A VIVID YELLOW FOR THE 'S' MODEL! But make your decision soon so we can plan before we order.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your citruSSSSSSSS...

Killerbee said:

I wish the yellow in the flesh looked like the picture. The general consensus has been that the yellow is too pale. I hope MINIUSA has heard us...MAKE A VIVID YELLOW FOR THE 'S' MODEL! But make your decision soon so we can plan before we order.
If that was the case, I'd dump it myself. I like it because it's the Dakar yellow from the M3......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts