MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else mad at the fact that MINI designed their new models to only fit 3 kinds of Bluetooth enabled phones in the armrest? I thought Bluetooth technology was all about giving you the choice of which phone to use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not very bright I grant you.

However I had a Sony Erricson bluetooth kit installed in my old Cooper and found that the best place for the phone was in one of the cup holders under the stereo.

Who decided to put the phone in the armrest anyway :confused: after all, why would you put the phone where you can't see it? You can't see the screen, can't see who's calling and it forces you to setup voicedialing.

(forgive me if the new Mini install does have some nice tricks that cover these points - but I've not seen anything yet that says it doesl!)

Considering the fact that people want both bluetooth and armrests it doesn't make much sense to narrow the appeal like this...

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
plgaler said:
Not very bright I grant you.

However I had a Sony Erricson bluetooth kit installed in my old Cooper and found that the best place for the phone was in one of the cup holders under the stereo.
Yes my phone is always in the cup holder too!!!! Then I can use my bluetooth headset but still see who is calling. Think it is a bit strange that the armrest only works for a number of phones but as I don't plan on having the armrest installed am not hugely bothered!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.