MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Has anyone, like me, applied for/sent off for the 'driving' book from the American site or an air freshner from the UK site and not received anything ?

Chris
Anyone got the USA 'driving' book ?? - What's in it ?

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
The MINI driving book was a bunch of bunk. No good specs or info. It was a promotional yuppy oriented glossy paper rant about "motoring", personal choice, etc. A waste of trees and ink. You didn't miss anything. I got two, one from miniusa and one from my dealer.
Threw them both out.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Chris, I got my 'MINI Beats' CD the other day although it was more out of curiosity than a desire the have some wierd trippy music for the car..

The air freshener never arrived, despite 2 'registrations' on the relevant web-site. As for the Driving book - surely they'll only post that to US peeps?

·
Enjoying Married Life!
501 Posts
I got my air freshner bout a week b4 christmas . :D Front end view of a yellow cooper. It smelt of apples but has lost it's scent now. Was a bit miffed that they didn't send a black :mad: but what ya gonna do?

nc

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
The air freshener only lasted for about 5 days. Its still hanging in the car though :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dogger - How ???

How did you get the CD ??
Was it a freebie ?

Chris

When I registered on the USA site and asked for the 'driving' book it all appeared OK !
Has anyone got a spare one they would be willing to donate ?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Re: Dogger - How ???

Cooperman said:
How did you get the CD ??
Was it a freebie ?

Chris

When I registered on the USA site and asked for the 'driving' book it all appeared OK !
Has anyone got a spare one they would be willing to donate ?
The Mini CD was a freebie from a similar 'temporary' website as the Air Freshener (something like minibeats.co.uk ?). It's full of 'dull souless dance music' (as Eddie from Ab Fab would say) and I'd swap it for a Yellow air freshener any day as that would match my car! :)

I suspect the US website will hapily take your details, but as their marketing is pitched at US owners I bet their computer systems either filter out responses from over the pond or they just don't post overseas and it's sat in some sorting office somewhere gathering dust :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
No joy here either...

registered for an airfeshener months ago and I have yet to receive anything!:(

I'll be mightily annoyed if BMW are just using it as a mass data collection exercise without a decent fulfillment programme to back it up.

·
Registered
808 Posts
MINI Kit in Europe

I was in Germany recently for the Essen Motor Show and some travel. When I stopped in at MINI Munich, they had some cool magazines from MINI events in Europe. One had a really nice CD of ambient / dj kind of music. Wish we could get those here (printed in English - I can't read them) in the US.

I did make sure to pick up some MINI pens and a MINI hat. The stuff was pretty cheap given the exchange rates right now! They also have a full catalog of little items and clothing...

Jason

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I recieved 2 air freshener's. One for my car that I have at the moment & another for when I take delivery of my car :D
I also recieved the MINI Beats CD while I was on holiday :D :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Offer for Dogger

Hi
I got my air freshner - Finally !!

Swap for your CD ??

As we live near to one another meet up for the swap ?

Chris

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Re: Offer for Dogger

Cooperman said:
Hi
I got my air freshner - Finally !!

Swap for your CD ??

As we live near to one another meet up for the swap ?

Chris
No probs Chris,

I'm stuck in the house all day on Sat, waiting for a delivery but I'll be free to meet up on Sunday to 'do the deal'..:)

Dom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bl**dy work again !!

Hi Dogger - I must find your number and stop contacting you this, in-personal, way !!
I have just been 'shift-changed' at work onto nights - I'll next be free, at normal times on Monday the 28th - ALL day - meet sometime during the day - I'll come over to Garforth ?

Chris

·
MINIless MINI2 Master
883 Posts
I ordered the MINI Beats CD the day I read something about it on this site just before Christmas, and finally received it through the post last week - ironically the day after I moaned in the chat room that it hadn't arrived yet...maybe someone from MINI UK was secretly listening? ;)

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Chris - I've still got your home number so I'll ring you before the 28th to sort something out - I could always drive over to yours and do the switch with the Mrs?..;) (any excuse to drive the MINI..:))

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Message to Dogger

Dom - I've lost your numbers - can you give me a ring on Friday (25/1/2) morning - I've been 'let off for good behaviour' !!

Meet sometime during Friday ??

Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts