MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched but cannot find a list of the MAIN differences between High and Professional sat nav. I have a 1st gen S with the Sat Nav and am looking to change shortly and was wondering what differences there are between the two systems (primarily the nav screen). A couple of areas in particular are:

1. Whether it continues with the split screen or just offer full screen view.
2. In full screen does it offer any other guideance info (ie time of arrival, next turn indication etc)

Any comments or screen shots would be welcome.

Thanks

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
The nav offers an option of split screen, I think, I know it will go into split screen mode when a junction is coming up or you need to get in lane. In full screen it gives you the time of arrival along with the distance left on the bottom left of the screen. Not sure how it differs to the older style though. Hope this helps you a little.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does help many thanks. That's one of the improvements I was hoping would be in the Professional system. In the High on full screen you get little additional information and no junction detail etc.

Cheers :smile:

·
Registered
418 Posts
this is 2nd gen topic

satnav on my cooper D is always in split mode (and no option to use full screen mode)
You can switch between the two, it's a setting that you need to choose :)

Can't remember which one off the top of my head, when first got the car it was full screen, so changed it, but not changed it back but if you have a play you'll be able to find it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts