MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
[hot rod harlot]
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about to buy a set of Toyo Proxes 4s. I really like the looks of the 215/40/17s, but I don't want any harsher ride than I get from my oem 205/45 Goodyears.Actually, I'd like a little more cushion. That leaves the 215/45s, but I don't particulaly fancy the taller, narrower look. Anyone running the 40s? Will I be disappointed in the ride if I choose them?

·
GTT........See Yah
413 Posts
Hi bodinski

Don't know if this will help you but I run on 18" rims fitted with 225/35 Yokohama Parada's, the ride of the car is brilliant and far more comfortable than the standard run flat rubber. My Mrs who knows nothing about cars commented immediately on how softer the ride was.
It has improved the handling as well

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
How smooth are the roads where you are? Any potholes? How bad do the roads get in the winter? If you have poor roads (lots of potholes) then I would stay away from the 40 series tires or you will be replacing your bent rims. The 45s would be closer to the correct rolling diameter and not effect your speedometer. The 45s would also offer just that little bit more cushioning and save your rims.

Just one Hobbits opinion :D

·
"Big Munch"
90 Posts
I am running 215-45-17 and they feel GREAT !!! They look GOOD, see my pics

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi I have toyo proxes t1-s 215/40/17s and they are great, very good ride and they gripand turn in like nothing else. Big recommendation.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts