MINI Cooper Forum banner

Making your own Wax

689 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  droopy2 
#1 ·
Hi All

Just wondering if any of you have ever tried to make your own car wax???

I know this is not a detailing forum but I see a quite a good lot of you enjoy detailing your mini's so I thought I'd post this here.

On doing a little research I have decided to give it a go, so if any of you have any tips I am all eyes...

oh and yes I can just go out and buy some (and I have plenty) but I just want to see if I can do it. If a me and a few friends can use it all the better... :)

#2 ·
Probably best to get on a detailing forum for this. The man that started Dodo Juice (Dom) said,
The general rule of thumb is that you aren't going to create a new wonder product at home in your kitchen - but it can be fun trying.
I took it as far as I could at home, learnt a lot, then got the professionals involved.
Have a look at this thread - Homemade wax - Detailing World

Good luck :smile:

#3 ·
thanks sooper rob.

I'll get onto a detailing forum and see if I can get some tips.

I don't want to try and copy anyone or certainly at this point in time I am not thinking of making any money from it. I have just set myself a challenge and want to see if I can get a decent homemade wax out of it...

WD

#5 ·
Not the point really. I can go out and bu some super £10K handmade swissvax if I really wanted but it will not give me the satisfaction of knowing I have made it myself.

BTW I think DODO Juice is the best by a long way especially purple haze then Rubbishboys then Poorboys Blue.

WD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.