MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a phone call from Mini/BMW asking me to go along to a market research evening. It would seem I fit into all the criteria....female, under 45, Mini owner, car was registered within a certain date. Better still, they even want to pay me money for my views on my baby :D It's this Wednesday 8th December :)

Anyone else been contacted about this I wonder??

This has previously been on the OT&B forum but perhaps not everyone gets in there!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
find out about their plans - uni headlight, Diesel Cooper, S turbo etc and REPORT BACK

Tell 'em to make 'em rattle free, wud like a preselecting double clutch paddle shift auto like the new Golf, do a speedster & a coupe cabriolet with a metal roof so it doesnt wear or leak; tell 'em most of there dealer franchisees need a kick up the ass as their service departments are expensive & inefficient, tell 'em to offer higher trade-ins esp on 02 MINI ONEs :{}

·
Registered
381 Posts
I got something like that in the mail 2 months ago since I was a cuurent Mini owner and they paid me $125.00 to participate in the survery since they wanted to know what a Mini-owner thought of some new car designs.

Unfortunately it wasn't for a next-gen Mini like I thought but it ended up being for a next-gen Nissan Sentra and some new Mini-type cars Nissans thinking about bringing to the US.

I had to evaluate like 20 different cars and compare them to some of Nissans new offerings and/or prototypes. Most of the cars I had to evaluate were crappy low-priced Korean-made Hyundia's, Kia's, and etc and the whole survey-thing took me about 2 1/2 hours and at the end they gave $125.00 CASH :D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Chance to promote MINI2

Minnie Mouse said:
Whhoooooaaaaa!
Will I ever remember all this and I am not sure what they want to be honest
Am usually the client on the other side of the two-way mirror who's paying for this kinda thing; they normally get you to introduce yourself then talk about what you own, why you bought it, likes / dislikes, ask your ideas etc then try some of their ideas to gauge reaction - main thing is not to be shy as if there's 1 or 2 strong 'characters' in the group they tend to dominate and everyone else repeats their views ... if you don't agree, best to express your view ....

wud love to be a fly-on-the-wall but guess this'll be the next best thing ...;)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
PS.,: sounds like there'll be all MINI owners in your group BUT don't be surprised if there's ppl who own other 'similar size' cars there as well; 'we' like to convert them by overcoming there objections / misconceptions ... as well as understanding brand values so that 'we' can target non-buyers with appropriate messages and language ... clever stuff, oh and it'll probably be recorded (may even be videod !)

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oddly enough I recently did another MR for Disney.....credit cards! It was fun and guess what, they did not offer a Minnie Mouse design for the cards....I stamped my foot and told them off! They were rather amused by it and after asked me why I had such an interest in Minnie Mouse so I told them why....that got even more amusement!

I am reallly looking forward to it!

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Minnie Mouse said:
Oddly enough I recently did another MR for Disney.....credit cards! It was fun and guess what, they did not offer a Minnie Mouse design for the cards....I stamped my foot and told them off! They were rather amused by it and after asked me why I had such an interest in Minnie Mouse so I told them why....that got even more amusement!

I am reallly looking forward to it!
That's shocking especially since a lot of women are the main holders of credit cards! WOW!

·
Multi-MINI-Maniacs
645 Posts
I'm going on one in L.A. on Dec. 13th. They mentioned that it's about a MINI financial product. So maybe it's a MINI credit card??? ( wonder if it will be one of those small key chain sized ones?) They asked if I currently have a BMW credit card. (No.)

I did a Ford focus group about 3 years ago when I had my Ford Escape. We looked at other small SUVs and new ideas for the next generation Escape. Then we were put in a panel type format with a "moderator" asking questions. There was a rather large video camera behind the moderator. After the other panelists told them all the technical reasons why they bought the car, I told them my reason was because my golden retreiver would love riding in the back and it wasn't a HUGE SUV, just the right size for my kind of life. Well darned if there wasn't a commercial on the TV about 2 months later that showed a couple driving around the city in one scene and then the next scene they were out in the "wilderness" with their 2 golden retreivers, jumping back into the Escape. I yelled out loud, "hey, that's MY idea!!!"

So, see, they really do listen. They paid well on that one too...$200 CASH :D

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Skatemom said:
I'm going on one in L.A. on Dec. 13th. They mentioned that it's about a MINI financial product. So maybe it's a MINI credit card??? ( wonder if it will be one of those small key chain sized ones?) They asked if I currently have a BMW credit card. (No.)
Oh ya... you never were able to get it changed to the 14th?

Humm I still haven gotten an e-mail or call about where this place is located... :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts